Booking Sites

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been shopping for the right flight/hotel deal for weeks. The prices are starting to rise, so I decided to buy today. Sweetheart deal 13 nights at the 4 star Rembrandt Hotel and flight for $1,857 from the center of the US. I bought it on CheapTickets.com.

I would personally not use this hotel any way they are not very GF friendly even if you are in a long term relationship, there are many reports on other web sites on encounters with the reception staff here.

was thinking about using agoda but you have to pay full payment up front has anyone used this site and how do you rate it

I have used Agoda for bookings all over the world and never had a problem. I always compare, but Agoda always wins on price. They don't always have all the hotels, but lowest prices for sure. I think they're operated from UK but owned by Priceline.

Expedia is good and usually competitive rates. Also, they now accept same day bookings, which can come in handy.

• 5 months later...

I have used Agoda for bookings all over the world and never had a problem. I always compare, but Agoda always wins on price. They don't always have all the hotels, but lowest prices for sure. I think they're operated from UK but owned by Priceline.

Expedia is good and usually competitive rates. Also, they now accept same day bookings, which can come in handy.

I have used the following websites for the last 14 yrs as I always check each website for their price.

http://www.asiatrave...el.com/ Though don't use them as much anymore tend to be a bit pricey

http://www.agoda.com/ They tend to be the cheapest but NOT always....

http://www.sawasdee....dee.com/ Along with Agoda can find some good prices. They will beat Agoda on some hotel prices and vice versa. Just saved over $100 booking Anatara riverside thru them over Agoda.

http://www.booking.com/ Good site with some good deals and some hotels don't even need to prepay or put a deposit down and will give you free cancellation

Although not a booking site this is a great site if you are looking for guesthouses or cheap hotels in Thailand....and comes with user reviews

http://www.travelfish.org/

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Thailand in July and booked all my hotels through Booking.com, as it was recommended by a friend. No booking fees. They just take ur credit card details to secure the booking but u don't get charged until u check-in. U get a chance to cancel the booking a few days before. I would use it again.

Does Agoda have booking fees?

Bangkok_4682.jpg

• 4 months later...

When we travel often use booking.com or agoda to book accommodation, tried to book direct previously but always been more $$$ than using the online websites. this trip booked on asiarooms.com no problems yet altho we are yet to arrive! so time will tell.

I dont think Agoda charges a booking fee, they generate the revenue via the commissions paid by the hotel

• 2 months later...

Used Agoda. had a problem with the booking on dates - totally my fault - called the guys and they worked out everything.The site said I was to pay regardless, but they took care of it. I told the guy that it was my fault and would pay the price, but he said I do lots of hotels with them so he talked to the staff over the phone and they all agreed to let me slide! It was cool and the result is I will continue to do business there.

• 3 weeks later...

Used Agoda. had a problem with the booking on dates - totally my fault - called the guys and they worked out everything.The site said I was to pay regardless, but they took care of it. I told the guy that it was my fault and would pay the price, but he said I do lots of hotels with them so he talked to the staff over the phone and they all agreed to let me slide! It was cool and the result is I will continue to do business there.

I had a problem with Agoda in February when the hotel I booked for 9 nights in Phuket was fully booked and would not accept my Agoda pre-paid booking. They put us in a far inferior hotel and when I complained to Agoda on my return all they offered was a 10% discount on my NEXT booking. They asked me for a review later but did not publish it. I think they only like good reviews.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been shopping for the right flight/hotel deal for weeks. The prices are starting to rise, so I decided to buy today. Sweetheart deal 13 nights at the 4 star Rembrandt Hotel and flight for $1,857 from the center of the US. I bought it on CheapTickets.com.

I would personally not use this hotel any way they are not very GF friendly even if you are in a long term relationship, there are many reports on other web sites on encounters with the reception staff here.

Yeah one to avoid. A few years ago the reception staff would not yet me take a girl to my room because she was not registered. The doorman offered to help (for a big tip) and he arranged things - the girl arrived in my room 5 minutes later. She told me the doorman took her to a back enterance and she used the staff/service lift.

Not a cheap place to stay and I was on the executive floor so top dollar stuff. Rip off place I think cos in the morning at breakfast the lounge was full on western blokes and Thai girls so a good little earner for the door staff. I guess the view is if you can afford this hotel you can afford to tip the doorman.

I checked out the next day I was pleased to leave and will never go back.

I use Agoda as well with mixed results. It is the first one i booked through and has a good reference map to see other hotels near by. I like the comment section at the bottom of the page. Good for finding tips about the hotel, and area. What i dont like about Agoda are the deceiving prices listed on the website. They increase the regular rates substanially and then display discounted rates if booked through Agoda. Agoda also tacks on extra charges usually 17% so In reality most prices are only a few dollars lower on the site than what the hotel offers. You can get some good deals if you look around the site but not as many as they suggest and during low season I suspect you could get the same price or lower by contacting the hotel directly.

I have recently looked at bookings.com and found that they are more transparent with their pricing and show the costs on the front page and not at the end of the checkin process like Agoda.