Booking Sites

I avoid all you US based airlines. I find their flight attendants have the worse attitudes. They're also nothing to look at either. :D

xilef,

I believe you said you were coming from the middle of the US. So, you're choices are more limited. It would be much easier, if you were flying out of LA or NY. I'v heard decent things about Continental compared to United or American. You could always look into one of the lower cost airlines(JetBlue, etc) to NY and LA. I'm sure you'd have more options for airlines out of those two cities. However, it might be more hassle than its worth though.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I avoid all you US based airlines. I find their flight attendants have the worse attitudes. They're also nothing to look at either. :lol:

xilef,

I believe you said you were coming from the middle of the US. So, you're choices are more limited. It would be much easier, if you were flying out of LA or NY. I'v heard decent things about Continental compared to United or American. You could always look into one of the lower cost airlines(JetBlue, etc) to NY and LA. I'm sure you'd have more options for airlines out of those two cities. However, it might be more hassle than its worth though.

I was leaning towards the Continental flight until I saw that it was operated by United. At this point Delta is looking easiest, I just don't like the 5 hour layover in Mpls that is not part of the deal on Travelocity, maybe a phone call will find the shorter flight...

Yes, Tulsa or XNA airports do offer only limited options and yes, it appears to be a hassle getting to LA, NY or CHI because those destinations have multiple airports...

And yes, again, some American flight attendants are a lot like used toilet paper.

Thanks for the help.

I generally start with http://www.vayama.com/

Then hit the Airlines site for a comparison.

Hint: Singapore Air. They do not always show up on other sites and they have some interesting schedules from the US to Singapore. Quick jump from Singapore to Bangkok. They have one route that goes Houston to Moscow to Singapore (talk about going OVER the top of the world) with connections into Bangkok. Also they have the best in flight service of any airline that I have been on.

I generally start with http://www.vayama.com/

Then hit the Airlines site for a comparison.

Hint: Singapore Air. They do not always show up on other sites and they have some interesting schedules from the US to Singapore. Quick jump from Singapore to Bangkok. They have one route that goes Houston to Moscow to Singapore (talk about going OVER the top of the world) with connections into Bangkok. Also they have the best in flight service of any airline that I have been on.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I booked on Delta. They'll get me there with little hassle (I hope; they are American, so they may turn the plane around because someone farts).

Thanks for the suggestions.

I booked on Delta. They'll get me there with little hassle (I hope; they are American, so they may turn the plane around because someone farts).

AH ... I remember them. They sent my luggage (and most importantly my coat) to Denver when I went to Alaska (in January). Try walking around Anchorage in January dressed in summer blues. Somehow I have never forgotten (or forgiven) that.

Delta does partner with Korean Air for some of the Asia routes. KA is a good airline to fly. Have a good trip and a happy holiday!

AH ... I remember them. They sent my luggage (and most importantly my coat) to Denver when I went to Alaska (in January). Try walking around Anchorage in January dressed in summer blues. Somehow I have never forgotten (or forgiven) that.

Delta does partner with Korean Air for some of the Asia routes. KA is a good airline to fly. Have a good trip and a happy holiday!

Isn't Anchorage like the warmest spot in Alaska because of the ocean current and mountain wall or sitting atop a volcano or something? Good thing I don't run a airline...

Denver! United sent me there and stranded me for two days, letting 7 flights to my destination leave without me because I was involuntarily bumped in Tulsa for someone who paid more for my seat. I have a motto: Never fly United. I hate that airport--every five minutes the intercom says not to leave your luggage or the TSA will steal it.

Thanks for the good wishes.

I used Agoda.com in order to book a hotel in Pattaya last August. Unfortunately, it can be a bit misleading in that Agoda indicated "no rooms available" for my hotel of first choice - Flipper lodge. On a lark, I decided to speak with the reception clerk after I had booked an alternative hotel. Sure enough, there were rooms available!! Anyway, Agoda claims to get "the lowest prices", but this can be misleading if they have bad information on room availability.

I used Agoda.com in order to book a hotel in Pattaya last August. Unfortunately, it can be a bit misleading in that Agoda indicated "no rooms available" for my hotel of first choice - Flipper lodge. On a lark, I decided to speak with the reception clerk after I had booked an alternative hotel. Sure enough, there were rooms available!! Anyway, Agoda claims to get "the lowest prices", but this can be misleading if they have bad information on room availability.

It is kind of misleading, but when Agoda (or any other booking site) says "No rooms available" they don't actually mean that there's no vacancy. They mean that there are no rooms available through that booking site (at the discounted rate). This is because hotels don't make all of their rooms available to booking agents. Instead, they sell only some of them in blocks at a discounted rate to the agents, who then turn around and sell them to you.

• 3 months later...

Speaking of Delta

I arrived in tact with luggage. Even got home in one piece.

Delta uses 747's for their overseas Asian routes. 747's that have not been upgraded. Cattle cars with movie screens. None of the seat back lcd's, so if you're lucky there will only be a few heads between you and the movie selected for you to watch.

I flew American on the first trip and they had the lcd's. Both trips have changed flights in Japan. To and from Japan/BKK had lcd's on both trips. Only the Delta leg did not provide lcd's. Delta is planning to upgrade in 5 years, until then flying Delta across the ocean is like a trip back in time to 1980.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone used asiareservations.net for hotel bookings? I`m a bit of a comparison site bore if I`m honest & thought I`d got the best rate for my final choice of hotel for next month, the President Palace, after a lot of searching.

I was pleased with the rate of 2599 Baht that I got & then found asiareservations have got the same deal for 2280 which is pretty damn good for a place with such good reviews. Another place I had my eye on, Merisess is available with them for 1440, again the best deal I found was 1550.

Just wondered if anyone thought it was too good to be true? Its a fair saving if you stay for a few days or longer.

Trivago is a great Hotel comparison sight!

I believe some hotels will only sell rooms to the cheapest agents if there is a larger availability. So it is not unusual for some sites to show no availability when rooms are in fact available.

The best booking sites that I have used are (in order):

1. Agoda.com

2. booking.com

3. asiatravel.com

In addition, I plan to utilize wotif.com for my next trip. They offer amazing deals. I suggest you give it a try. Always compare the rates with the deals mentioned on hotel sites as well. The hotel deals are more flexible.