Booking Sites

Let me add my 2 cents. I always use Agoda and have not had any problems YET.

Since I am a member on their site I get points but more important they send me

E-mails every week with any hot deals they come across for all of SEA.

Last one I used was last week which I will be giving a review about late[ the hotel that is].

BUT as others have noted it is always best to check othe site for price comparison.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use Agoda as well with mixed results. It is the first one i booked through and has a good reference map to see other hotels near by. I like the comment section at the bottom of the page. Good for finding tips about the hotel, and area. What i dont like about agoda are the deceiving prices listed on the website. They increase the regular rates substanially and then display discounted rates if booked through agoda. Agoda also tacks on extra charges usually 17% so In reality most prices are only a few dollars lower on the site than what the hotel offers. You can get some good deals if you look around the site but not as many as they suggest and during low season I suspect you could get the same price or lower by contacting the hotel directly.

I have recently looked at bookings.com and found that they are more transparent with their pricing and show the costs on the front page and not at the end of the checkin process like agoda.

Very true about Agoda.I have used them many times,but the first price you get does not include,tax,service charge,etc.

Used to be that the booking sites were cheaper than booking direct with the hotel.But I guess the hotels have wised up and have started doing promotions(early bird,room only,etc)

If you've already got your flight booked ,it's best to check the prices of the sites and the hotel website on a daily basis.You'll get the best price,especially well in advance.

For example,I had booked my flight for August,and I was checking prices for the Grand President for a deluxe suite.On Agoda it was 2700baht(plus those hidden taxes/charges),and at first it was 2500baht direct with the hotel website.But after waiting and checking daily, a "Time Deal" for the same Deluxe suite,room only(try getting up for breakfast when you've got last night's spinner next to you) for 1600baht per night including taxes etc.

Good things come to he who waits ;)

• 5 weeks later...