Booking Sites

Has anyone used asiareservations.net for hotel bookings? I`m a bit of a comparison site bore if I`m honest & thought I`d got the best rate for my final choice of hotel for next month, the President Palace, after a lot of searching.

I was pleased with the rate of 2599 Baht that I got & then found asiareservations have got the same deal for 2280 which is pretty damn good for a place with such good reviews. Another place I had my eye on, Merisess is available with them for 1440, again the best deal I found was 1550.

Just wondered if anyone thought it was too good to be true? Its a fair saving if you stay for a few days or longer.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't say that I have. I'v only used asiatravel and asiarooms in the past. I had no problems with either one. I did just google that site and found some people give reviews of it on tripadvisor. The people there claimed to have had no problems. Let us know how it goes, if you decide to book with them.

I booked SilQ on Suk 19 through Asia rooms.

They charged my American Express card.

When I checked out of the hotel I had to pay again.

The hotel said Asia rooms did not pay them.

Was this one of those prepaid deals? I never liked them and always stayed away from any prepaid rooms. I noticed in recent years there are a lot more of these prepaid rooms on these sites.

• 1 month later...

HOT DEAL PROMOTION!!!

HOT DEAL Promotion

Minimum of 2 consecutive nights stay.

FREE daily Breakfast for two

FREE In room WiFi Internet (unlimited)

FREE Welcome drink on arrival

UNLIMITED FREE BEERS, COCKTAILS & SOFT DRINKS from 11:30 AM – 5:00 PM at the Splash Bar (swimming pool)

Rates from THB 2,699 nett

This offer is Valid for stays until May 31, 2010 only

why not book with them direct when they are offering this deal. god between 11.00 and 5.00 free drinks. i am sure i would have my money's worth!!

http://www.presidentpalacehotel.com/offers.php

Edited by Montien

• 2 weeks later...

I've been shopping for the right flight/hotel deal for weeks. The prices are starting to rise, so I decided to buy today. Sweetheart deal 13 nights at the 4 star Rembrandt Hotel and flight for $1,857 from the center of the US. I bought it on CheapTickets.com.

When the final page popped up, it told me that the deal was no longer available. So I tried for the next day. Breezing right along until the final page and it says my debit card was declined. Hmmmm, it was fine 5 minutes earlier. Called my bank and found that CheapTickets has authorized $1,348.60 of my $2,000 daily limit. Called CheapTickets and asked them to do something. So we conference called my bank and explained the situation. A couple of hours later my bank raised my daily limit so that I could do the deal for the next day.

Same thing...last page says the deal is no longer available and they authorized for another 1,348.60. Fortunately I'm still on the phone with my bank and she raises my limit again. So I choose another hotel...same thing...last page says that the deal is no longer available.

It probably was not the flight that wasn't available because CheapTickets still listed 4 seats available, but showed the hotel as not avalable for the first hotel, but not the second.

I chalked it up to bait and switch.

I booked with Travelocity the last time, so I'll probably deal with them again tomorrow after the authorizations lift.

Unless someone here knows a better way. Help anyone?

I like the feeling of security and discount when buying both hotel and flight at the same time, but I do like the review posted here by luvyoulongtime for the Darjelling Hotel, so I'd book separately if the flight was cheap enough.

I like the feeling of security and discount when buying both hotel and flight at the same time, but I do like the review posted here by luvyoulongtime for the Darjelling Hotel, so I'd book separately if the flight was cheap enough.

xilef,

I always find my flights to be the cheapest on the website for the airline I fly. So, if you're going to do it separate and you have an airline you always fly, check their website as well. You might find your flight is cheaper booking direct with the airline than through those other websites.

xilef,

I always find my flights to be the cheapest on the website for the airline I fly. So, if you're going to do it separate and you have an airline you always fly, check their website as well. You might find your flight is cheaper booking direct with the airline than through those other websites.

Thanks for the tip. I had been to a few airline sites before and was quoted wacked prices. This time Delta and Continental are quoting decent rates. American wants me to choose a flight and then gives the price, I don't have the time to search that way. I won't fly United--they suck. which ones am I forgetting?