Updates on GF Hotels, Rates and Reviews

Has anyone stayed at The Continent Hotel yet, and if so, is it girl friendly? It got a pretty good review on another board, but the guy did not have a chance to see if there was a joiner fee. Can't really imagine one right around the corner from Soi Cowboy, but you never know!.

I stayed at the Continent, which I would also recommend. It's on Sukimvit, on the same block as Soi Cowboy, so I was worried about the noise, but there is a huge skyscraper in between. So very close to skytrain and subway, and across the street from Terminal 21.

The Continent is 38 stories tall, so I'd describe it as a "boutique skyscraper". Only 7 rooms on each floor, brand new, 40" TV's, glass walled shower so that you can keep an eye on your things (or watch the girl). Just opened in Nov, 2012, so everything is brand new and nice.

$100 per night with taxes includes a nice buffet breakfast (fresh OJ and cooked to request eggs). The restaurant is on the 35th floor, the swimming pool the 36th and the Skybar is the 38th and 39th. Happy hour until 10 pm, with excellent handmade cocktails.

Recommended- unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to see if they were girl friendly in my one night stay...

• 2 weeks later...

Hotel Name: Town Lodge

Girl Friendly: Yes

Rates Per Night: THB 3000 (I had the jacuzzi suite), 1500-1200 baht for cheapest room

Way of Booking: Agoda

Review of Hotel: Free wifi, very short walk from Soi Cowboy, 15min walk form nana, no joiner fee for more than one girl, quiet location. The only problem I had was that there were small ants in parts of the room that would eat any food you left out, the jacuzzi was very small and while i was there the lights in the living room stopped working. The staff were friendly and I am still going to go there again on my next trip.

• 1 month later...

I'm stopping at the Sheraton Grande, I've emailed them directly and asked the questions about guests joining me & the response I got was that the room is sold for 2 persons so no problems, if that turns out to be different I will update, but no harm in dropping any hotel a quick mail to ask the question ?

I'm stopping at the Sheraton Grande, I've emailed them directly and asked the questions about guests joining me & the response I got was that the room is sold for 2 persons so no problems, if that turns out to be different I will update, but no harm in dropping any hotel a quick mail to ask the question ?

I've stayed at the Sheraton Grande many times and it is definitely girl friendly.

Just booked the MONACO Hotel on soi 2 ,on my mates recommendation, they where there NYE and they rated it ok to good, they had no

HHad a bit of a nightmare with the Monaco, nothing to do with the standard of accommodation, I emailed them direct to inform them I would be arriving at about 09:00am, but I decided to have a coffee or two in the star buck in the airport so I was not to early as they did not respond to my email.

Any way got there about 10:50, arrived at the front reception desk ,there was chap sitting there hardly lifted his eye brow to aknolage my presence, handed him my sheet from Agoda, with out even looking at me told me to come back 14:00, no room ready , I did point out I had emailed them .

But he was adamant that I was not getting in till the afternoon, I was bubbling been traveling over 24hrs, he would not move even for a small back hander, I could not hang around that long I was hanging out, to off I popped, fuming to myself, not so much that I could not get room but the blokes attitude was shiteeeet.

I was sweating like OJ Simpson now with my big bag, so I just walked round to Grand Dynasty and got a room there no problems, but to add insult to injury my mates turned up only 20 mins later and got there rooms straight away, they booked directly with Hotel, don’t know if this had any thing to do with it. Either that or I need to change my deodorant lessons leart stick to what you know works hotel wise

That said I did pop round to see the lads and the rooms looked very clean and modern they siad it was a good place and fairly cheap. By the way Monaco is on soi 2 down near the bottom

Edited by ANDY2463

• 2 months later...

Omni towers.

Hotel Name :Omni Tower

Girl Friendly : Yes but check for id

Rates Per Night : THB about 1200 to 1500 per night

Way of Booking : Internet Booking thru Agoda and own site

Review:

I would pass. The regular area of the hotel was full but the monthly rental area had suites available. The suite was big but not worth the money they ask. It smelled pretty funky in there. The place was very dirty. The taps in the bathroom would not close fully. All and all it was very tired and in need of a major cleaning.

I would not rent this place on a monthly or even weekly basis. 1 night was enough.

Location was ok, a bit far to walk to nana but not too far. The sights always make for an interesting walk anyways.

• Upvote 1

White Orchid hotel 1&2

On scott street just off soi 4 opposite annie's massage.

Hotel Name : White Orchid 1 & 2

Rates Per Night : 500 to 800

Way of Booking : Internet Booking thru Agoda

Review of Hotel :

This place is pretty cheap and very basic. But they do have cable tv, with new lcd flat screens. They have a/c, fridge and 2 bottles of water. The bathroom is nothing special and small. Skip the rooms with balconies. They only thing you get with a balcony is 3 ac units right outside your window.

This place is all about location for the price. It is about a 60 sec walk to annies. and about 3 min to nana. The soi is very small but very quiet. There are some nice hotels on the soi and a nice little bar.

I think this room was 700 bt if i remember correctly. They have some larger rooms for 800 on the lower floors that are ok given the location.

• Upvote 1

I stayed at the Darwin on my last visit. Booked through Agoda. Close to Nana Plaza. Small clean rooms with nice bathroom, cable tv and in room safe. It was fine and I would stay there again. Nothing special but good location and clean modern room. I also stayed at Town Lodge and was disappointed at the room. Looked old and worn and bathroom was ok. Not the best location. I wouldn't stay there again.

• 1 month later...

Work just booked me in the Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11 next we-end for 5 nights, have read some good things about this place, a small walk from my usual stomping ground on soi 4, Looks a real party hotel from the reviews on booking sites and Trip adviser, some say too much noise from the Levels night club in same building, but I am not there to relax > anyone been to this hotel ,appreciate any info , hope they don’t mint me arriving early in the morning, will update when i find out about it

Omni towers.

Hotel Name :Omni Tower

Rates Per Night : THB about 1200 to 1500 per night

Way of Booking : Internet Booking thru agoda and own site

Review:

I would pass. The regular area of the hotel was full but the monthly rental area had suites available. The suite was big but not worth the money they ask. It smelled pretty funky in there. The place was very dirty. The taps in the bathroom would not close fully. All and all it was very tired and in need of a major cleaning.

I would not rent this place on a monthly or even weekly basis. 1 night was enough.

Location was ok, a bit far to walk to nana but not too far. The sights always make for an interesting walk anyways.attachicon.gifIMG_0720-2.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0721-2.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0723-2.jpg

yes have to agree, pass on this one had a bad experience once myself. Had booked 2 nights through Wotif, arrived at reception with my GF and checked in. Walked to the lifts to be greeted by a security guard to inform us only one lift is working, my GF asked why, water pipe had broken on top floor and flooded lift wells.

Got to our room to find A/C not working, guess why? the broken pipe was for the condenser water that is used for the A/C. There was no mention of this at check in when and I called and complained they said it would be 1 hour every time. I called Wotif who immediately called the Omni and asked for an explanation.

Conclusion was had to pay for the 1 night (hottest most uncomfortable night even and no boom boom) and got a refund for the second, there was no apology from reception and actually found their attitude disgraceful, will never stay there again but will certainly be booking through Wotif, they were a great help.