Updates on GF Hotels, Rates and Reviews

Hello everyone,

I would like to start a topic on Updates on GF hotels, Their rates and review.

Feel free to post a report of your latest stay (not longer than 1 month ago) in any hotel giving a short description on your experience with the hotel. Remember to indicate whether is it Girl Friendly, the rates per night, your way of booking.

For the benefit of easy reading I would suggest your report to be as follows:

Hotel Name :

Girl Friendly : Yes/No

Rates Per Night : THB XXX

Way of Booking : Internet Booking (please state Website)/Walk in/ Phone

Review of Hotel : (Things to mention eg, hotel staff services, free internet, room size, bed size, room condition or even sound insulation etc)

I wanted to start this post so that all members can have a more updated news of the hotels available enabling everyone to pick the hotel best suited for their own preference.

For a start, I will be the 1st to post here.

Hotel Name : Manhattan Hotel

Date of Stay : 22-25 October 2010

Girl Friendly : Yes, just need the BG to show ID.

Rates per night : THB 1200 with breakfast.

Way of Booking : Internet booking from www.agoda.com

Review : Hotel reasonable for the price. Room is big with a king bed. Personally I love the king size bed especially when working with BG on it. The bathroom has bathtub but condition of bathroom looks older than the room. Staff service from reception to bell boy to house keeping was very good. Initially room amenities does not have Tooothbrush and tooth paste. I call house keeping to ask about it and ask for a/c adapter. Within 10mins they sent them to me. Location wise, its at Soi 13. Its very near to Soi Cowboy. It took me only 10mins walk to Soi Cowboy. Nearest BTS station is Asoke about 5-10mins away. Wifi is available but is not free and its expensive if you want to use internet. I didnt get to try the breakfast because party very late and return hotel around 4-5am. Couldn't wake up for breakfast. There also a safe in the room for keeping your valuables.

• 1 month later...

Hotel Name : Swiss Park Hotel

Date of Stay : December 2010

Girl Friendly : They say they charge, but I've brought a BG back with me twice and they didn't say anything.

Rates per night : Approximately $40USD per night.

Way of Booking : www.agoda.com

Review : Located on Soi 11/1, goo walking distance to Nana and Soi Cowboy. It is clean and has an in-room safe (which is something I require in a hotel)

Hotel Name : Swiss Park Hotel

Date of Stay : December 2010

Girl Friendly : They say they charge, but I've brought a BG back with me twice and they didn't say anything.

Rates per night : Approximately $40USD per night.

Way of Booking : www.agoda.com

Review : Located on Soi 11/1, goo walking distance to Nana and Soi Cowboy. It is clean and has an in-room safe (which is something I require in a hotel)

Hey, Thanks for the update and supporting this thread.

• 1 month later...

Stampede, Bangkok isn't Saigon. I've stayed at 40 or 50 hotels in BKK (usually 4 or 5 star) and have yet to be charged a joiner. I don't even think about it anymore. 6 or 7 years ago, you had to be more careful. Joiners are out there - like Amari hotels, but in a small minority these days. Maybe more efficient for guys to post when they get nicked for joiners - then we can avoid the fuckers. ps: Almost forgot, still lots of joiners in Phuket, so do your homework. I hate that place now. It's been turned into a giant rip-off machine since the tsunami. To get the best prices, compare Hotels Combined, Agoda, WOTIF, & Latestays. wj

Edited by wackyjacky

Stampede, Bangkok isn't Saigon. I've stayed at 40 or 50 hotels in BKK (usually 4 or 5 star) and have yet to be charged a joiner. I don't even think about it anymore. 6 or 7 years ago, you had to be more careful. Joiners are out there - like Amari Hotels, but in a small minority these days. Maybe more efficient for guys to post when they get nicked for joiners - then we can avoid the fuckers. ps: Almost forgot, still lots of joiners in Phuket, so do your homework. I hate that place now. It's been turned into a giant rip-off machine since the tsunami. To get the best prices, compare Hotels Combined, Agoda, WOTIF, & Latestays. wj

I do agree with you that most hotels, especially those around Sukhumvit are Girl Friendly. The reason i started this thread is make it a one stop info place for everyone to find out about various hotels. I ever come across someone was charged joiners fee when the hotel was actually girl friendly. With the information posted here (unfortunately not many reviews yet), members can know the hotel they are staying are girl friendly and will not be taken for a ride.

In addition, there may be possbilities that hotel may change policy from Non girl friendly to girl friendly and vice versa (notice I request reviewers to state date of stay at hotel).

So i hope more members will start posting here.

Hotel Name : City Lodge Soi 19

Girl Friendly : Yes

Rates Per Night : THB 1498

Way of Booking : Internet Booking Agoda,com

Review of Hotel : Clean, good size rooms, excellent location (across the street from Westin). If you don't need a pool this hotel offers excellent value for the baht. I especially like the walk-in showers that are large enough to accommodate myself and 2 bar girls. Don't bother paying an additional 150 for the breakfast or extra 200 for the larger rooms, standard room is large enough. There is also a City Lodge on Soi 9 for a few hundred less, but rooms are smaller. Ask for a room in the back if you stay at Soi 9 because the noise from Sukhumvit can be annoying.

Hotel Name : City Lodge Soi 19

Girl Friendly : Yes

Rates Per Night : THB 1498

Way of Booking : Internet Booking agoda,com

Review of Hotel : Clean, good size rooms, excellent location (across the street from Westin). If you don't need a pool this hotel offers excellent value for the baht. I especially like the walk-in showers that are large enough to accommodate myself and 2 bar girls. Don't bother paying an additional 150 for the breakfast or extra 200 for the larger rooms, standard room is large enough. There is also a City Lodge on Soi 9 for a few hundred less, but rooms are smaller. Ask for a room in the back if you stay at Soi 9 because the noise from Sukhumvit can be annoying.

Thank you for contributing to this thread. It would be good to let us know what is the date you stayed in City Lodge 19?