airport to nana on skytrain

weblo

Is there a skywalk ready for passenger to use between MRT Petchaburi station and SRT Makkasan City Air Terminal station?

It should be finished in 2012.

Nope, no sign of it or any related construction around Makkasan yet.

• 1 month later...

I would like to use the SARL service to get to BKK. I am staying near the Chit Lom BTS. I was thinking of getting a cab to either Makkasan or Phaya Thai SARL stations. Does anyone know if either of these stations have escalators or lifts from street level? The reason I ask is that I will have two suitcases and hand luggage and dont fancy carrying them up the steps.

Thanks

Paul

I would like to use the SARL service to get to BKK. I am staying near the Chit Lom BTS. I was thinking of getting a cab to either Makkasan or Phaya Thai SARL stations. Does anyone know if either of these stations have escalators or lifts from street level? The reason I ask is that I will have two suitcases and hand luggage and dont fancy carrying them up the steps.

Thanks

Paul

As far as I know there's an escalator and lift at Phayathai Station.

However, you should be aware that any journey via the rail link is going to involve humping luggage around - and if you don't fancy it, you should stick to using a taxi.

Thanks

Paul

I think with 2 suitcases and hand luggage,you'll be better taking a taxi direct to your hotel front door.

Remember,you'll still have to hump your gear to your place,after you get off at Chit Lom BTS.

Start your vacation with less stress,too

There is a free Tuk Tuk service at Makkasan now but it only takes you 100 meters to the main road Asok Montri ,Still long way from the drop off pick up point to the station ticket office and trains.Try to get the lift up but if y have luggage it is much easier to take a taxi direct to the airport.

Edited by The Sperminator

As far as I know there's an escalator and lift at Phayathai Station.

However, you should be aware that any journey via the rail link is going to involve humping luggage around - and if you don't fancy it, you should stick to using a taxi.

Thanks.

I have plenty of time to kill that day, as I dont need to be at BKK until 1800. And kicking out of the hotel will be around 1200. So, I think I will give it a try just for the experienceI dont expect it to be easier than a taxi. But its will be different

Edited by missinginaction

2 januari I went from Nana to airport.

BTS Nana to Asoke 15 B

MRT Sukhumvit to Petchaburi 16 B

I walked from Petchaburi to Makasan about 350 meters.

City line Makasan to airport, I think it was 25 B.

Total cost 56 B

Well done.... . What was your motivation for this? ie - Experience, Money?

Well done.... . What was your motivation for this? ie - Experience, Money?

My plane left late in the evening so I had plenty of time if anything went wrong, but I think the whole trip took less than one hour.

As it was my first visit in Bkk I am glad I figured out how the publik transport system there works.

My plane left late in the evening so I had plenty of time if anything went wrong, but I think the whole trip took less than one hour.

As it was my first visit in Bkk I am glad I figured out how the publik transport system there works.

Much easier if you had taken the BTS from Nana to Phyathai, then switched to the City LIne or Airport Express there.