airport to nana on skytrain

weblo

I've never done it but I guess if you don't have much luggage and you're staying near a BTS it would be ok.

Personally for an extra B200 ($7) or so I like the convenience of a taxi. Its no big deal after forking out $1000+ for a flight...then again, there is Bkk traffic to contend with at certain times.

I've never done it but I guess if you don't have much luggage and you're staying near a BTS it would be ok.

Personally for an extra B200 ($7) or so I like the convenience of a taxi. Its no big deal after forking out $1000+ for a flight...then again, there is Bkk traffic to contend with at certain times.

I tried it out on my last trip just for an experiment. The rail link from the airport to Phayathai is no problem - the train is clean & spacious and it's a much more interesting view than travelleing by taxi.

Phayathai to Sukhumvit on the sky train can be a pain in the arse if you have luggage (which I have). Not too bad if you are travelling outside peak periods but no fun if you're travelling when it's congested. Also note that the journey involves carrying your luggage up a few staircases - not a problem for me but maybe a problem for the more physically challenged mongers :P

Overall, I would use the rail link again outside peak periods and I would defintely use it if the traffic in Bangkok is grid locked. Other than that, I'll stick to using the taxi. :)

After passing through immigration, where do you go for the train? Would like to try next time.

The Station is at B1 Level, two floors below the Arrival Hall. You can use the lift or the escalators.

• 2 weeks later...

Skip the train unless you're arriving or leaving during Rush Hr, staying close to a station, and are traveling light. Personally, I'd rather not lug my shit all over the place and up and down stairs and getting all sweaty, to save 200B. BKK Taxis are still remarkably cheap. I've taken the train 5 or 6 times and it's not all that fast when you start counting from your hotel front door or vice-versa. Sometimes during the BKK clusterfuck, it just makes sense though. wj

• 1 month later...

Skip the train unless you're arriving or leaving during Rush Hr, staying close to a station, and are traveling light. Personally, I'd rather not lug my shit all over the place and up and down stairs and getting all sweaty, to save 200B. BKK Taxis are still remarkably cheap. I've taken the train 5 or 6 times and it's not all that fast when you start counting from your hotel front door or vice-versa. Sometimes during the BKK clusterfuck, it just makes sense though. wj

I agree

Even if the traffic is really bad I'd rather sit back and watch the world go by in the back of a taxi

Once you've added up the total cost of travel including linking from then BTS station to the hotel by taxi (unless you want to walk with your luggage) the total saving is probably going to be less than 150baht..

The express bus is even cheaper but I've stopped using that because it's not cost effective

Having paid 14000 baht for a flight saving 150/ 200 baht is not worth the extra effort involved

and if there are 2 of you taxi will probably be cheaper.

• 3 months later...

Myself, I like the bts and airport link. Its quick and inexpensive. Also I do not have to haggle with a taxi driver for the price. As for luggage I have learned to travel light, I take only a carry on, saves time as no need to wait for your luggage. I get by with two changes of clothing, and a few extra pairs of underware. I have luandry done most days, Simple to drop off in the morning, and it will be returned to your room, or ready for pick up the same afternoon!