airport to nana on skytrain

weblo

• 1 month later...

I ALWAYS use the light-rail system to get from the airport to my hotel, and yes, staying near Nana BTS is totally doable. I haven't stayed in that area in a while, but I seem to remember that I had pretty easy access from the Adelphi Suites Soi 8, and that it was a bit of a walk from the Dynasty Grande on Soi 6.

One tip... if you're wheeling your luggage around, get some assistance from one of the BTS workers when you pass through the exit gates. If you don't, your suitcase will trip the sensors, and the gates will hit you square in the (can't say in the public forum, but you know where) :angry: I found this out the hard way on my last trip... you might get away with it a time or two (I know I did), but trust me when I say that those things can get you.

Edited by looney4pooney
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did half that trip one time just to give the airport train a go, although only got the train to Makkasan and then a taxi from there. Depends on how much time you have and how much you value convenience. After landing at around 9pm at night I waited maybe 10 minutes for the train which then took only 15 minutes or so to Makkasan. However I then waited 20 minutes for a taxi to get from Makkasan and then 5 minutes to my hotel in Soi 15 off Sukhumvit. I've had taxis from the airport door to door in that time, so while it can be quicker on the train you need to then factor in the end parts to see if it meets your needs.

• 6 months later...

My flight arrives in BKK at 7am Monday morning. I'm seriously thinking about the sky train.

If I take the express from airport I would change trains from express to city line then change again at Phaya Thai to get on BTS to Nana?

Just take the express to  Phaya Thai then the BTS to Nana,not worth going via Makkasan.