Best 3 Hotels Around Nana 1500bht~3000bht

I don't think theres a definitive answer.  I've stayed in Bkk over the years and i still can't put my finger on one which is best for location and price.

I'd say the Nana hotel.  Run down but my goodness, location is perfect.

Ibis is ok.

Ibis styles is not worth the price.  Rather pay a few extra bucks and go the Novotel (same building).

Phrachara suites on soi 6 great but a bit pricey.

Adelphi on soi 8 great but their room rates are too expensive IMHO.

Nana Condo is dirt cheap but a dump.  This is for the Thai's who live in the area.  Don't stay there.

Then you've got a few down in Soi 5, the Arab quarter.  Stayed at the BelAire Bangkok.  Prob VFM is perfect but very further down Soi 5 so not pleasant in April when its 40 degrees with 100% humidity....

Theres a few condos down Soi 7 which are up for rent which are also good VFM.

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2022 at 1:36 AM, Wagonner said:

I stayed in Majestic Suites in December 2021. I would not call it a dump but you get what you pay for. It is at the bottom end of the market, same price range as Nana hotel. For me the key selling points were location, literally round the corner from Nana, and price.  The hotel was basic, clean and if I was sharing with any bugs they were very discreet as our paths never crossed.  The staff were friendly and helpful and security took guest ID’s. The breakfast was menu rather than buffet with about half a dozen choices and, for me, a disappointment as I like a big breakfast, Photos are from that visit,

thanks for sharing the pictures. 

For those with a bigger budget, any 5 star hotel recommendations that are guest friendly and decently convenient? 

The Sofitel on Sukhumvit i great, if you are not too concerned with price. I've had quite good luck getting room upgrades as a Accor Elite member.

On a budget, the DoubleTree (Hilton) on Soi 2 is nice for the money, it's usually not to expensive (3000 and change last time i stayed). I would say its a class above Novotel (and way above Ibis) Though the short cut to Soi 4 is block by construction a the moment.

• 5 months later...

Just updating this thread. Here is my 2 Baht's worth:

Doubletree by Hilton on Soi 2 has been upgraded. Great staff and breakfast. Even the evening meals are really good. Small bar but very initmate. Very comfortable beds.

Phrachara Suites on Soi 6 Alley has been aquired by Parkroyal Suites and has been substantially upgraded. I've stayed multiple times recently and have rebooked for next week. Very close to the action yet quiet at night. Rooms are very spacious with a small kitchen. Not sure if every room has a seperate living room, but I have stayed in a few rooms and everyone of them has one. Staff are great. Main negative is the average breakfast. It's OK but not the reason for booking.

Novotel Bangkok is right outside the Ploen Chit BTS. Comfortable, nice, nothing wrong with it. It just felt soulless. Difficult to describe. Location is good for BTS and the Indian lunch buffet was top notch.

For that Baht range, Citrus Suites Sukhumvit 6 has the nicest rooms near Soi 4. Period.  Not a great lobby but decent breakfast spread, downstairs and rooftop bar, with small pool on roof.

Edited by JVHyatt

• 1 month later...

Majestic Suites - When I first started coming to Bangkok I stayed here a few times to be close to Nana.  Staff was awesome, the facilities are what you'd expect for the price point (budget).  I haven't stayed there since 2018, but if you're purely wanting someplace close to Nana plaza, and the rest of Soi 4, I'd imagine it's a good choice.  At this point there's no way it isn't due for renovation though (if it hasn't happened already). 

On 5/17/2023 at 9:07 PM, poiuy109 said:

For those with a bigger budget, any 5 star hotel recommendations that are guest friendly and decently convenient? 

5 Star? JW Marriot.  That's where George Bush and Bill Clinton were staying when they were in town together, way back on their Tsunami relief trip (wonder how quick they renamed that ground floor restaurant)....

On Soi 2, about 100 meters from Nana Plaza.

I would expect any 5 star hotel to be DISCREET and not be concerned about anyone joining you unless there's property damage or interference with other guests.

Further down Sukhumvit are the Sheraton and Westin, near Asoke, on opposite sides of Sukhumvit.  Both probably 200 or so meters from Soi Cowboy.

And there might be a few other 5 star hotels in that area.  I think a Radison Blu maybe, the Landmark might be 5 star, and there's probably some other French / European brands I'm less familiar with.

There are a huge number of great 4 star hotels (i.e. Double Tree). Which all have rooms that are just as nice, mostly just don't have as upscale restaurants or spa inside.