Where do I need to eat to get the full experience?

I think everyone wants to try native Thai food when they come to Thailand but where should I go to get it and what should I order?

and any other restaurants that I wont experience like I would experience there.

Go to the night markets, lots of authentic Thai food, at reasonable prices! Just point and choose what you like to try! Enjoy! : p

Plahgat

Is there a big difference in Authentic Thai food and American Thai food like there is between Authentic Chinese and American Chinese?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thai food can be very spicy (just the way I like it) but also there are hundreds of dishes and without knowing your taste how can we say what to eat or where to eat. Try street food, try small hole in the wall style restaurants, try thai restaurants, try shoppig malls (great restaurants and usually cheao and tasty options in the food courts), thai food in bars etc. etc. There is an infinite choice as the thais love to eat, all the time, non stop! Also if you dont like thai, you can get pretty much anything you want in the major tourist towns - usually from an expat of that country so it can be authentic. In terms of dishes - where to start, pad thai, khow pad muu, green curry, massamn curry, som tam (not for the faint hearted), etc. etc. Just try it and see. its all cheap so if you dont like, try something different

I'm about to return to LOS after a lengthy absence. I love Thai food and I remember BKK as totally the best place in the world for it. Quite a few countries, like France, the best food is in the provinces but not Thailand. As others have said its just everywhere. I always liked the little hole in the wall places where ordinary workers eat lunch. But good food courts can be great too. Lots of choice, good quality, similar prices and AIRCON ! Sort of opposite to Western countries where food courts are expensive and mediocre.

Look for where the thais eat. Get out of the tourist areas like nana ( as a general rule ) Try Or Tor Kor market just outside JJ chatuchak market. Open everyday it is a farmers market with a wide selection of prepared food to sample and fresh veggies and fruits. Best and cleanest selection in bangkok for market food. Take mrt to kampaeng phet stop and exit 3. it is there as soon as you leave the station.

Every thing tastes better at 3am.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

You have to try the food stalls at Soi 38

I ate there and it is an awesome experience. Try the lost food stall on the right hand side of the street. The soup with fried pork is absolutely amazing. Also, at the entrance of the soi on the right hand side there is a food stall (a little hidden) that serves authentic pad-thai.  If you do an internet search about food stalls on Soi 38 you will get a lot of useful information

• 2 months later...

You have to try the food stalls at Soi 38

I ate there and it is an awesome experience. Try the lost food stall on the right hand side of the street. The soup with fried pork is absolutely amazing. Also, at the entrance of the soi on the right hand side there is a food stall (a little hidden) that serves authentic pad-thai. If you do an internet search about food stalls on Soi 38 you will get a lot of useful information

I read some where that the food stalls in Soi 38 are no more because theyre building condos in that area. Is that true?