price from nana to airport

weblo

just wondering what the going rate is from nana to airport. i grabbed a cab at 5am. the girl at reception told me 400 baht. i didnt ask the driver when i got in. real hungover and tired. stupid mistake. when we get to airport, he asks for 800. i didnt make a scene as i should have asked first.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

It's around 350 if you use the meter during the day but they obviously took advantage of you being it was 5 AM.

I took a metered taxi from the airport to the Nana hotel last week. The meter showed 220 Baht and the tolls came to 70 Baht.

The Nana hotel Limo Service to the Airport is 800 Baht (Tolls Included). The metered taxi was newer and nicer than the Nana Limos.

Regards

Silky

• 4 weeks later...

I took a metered taxi from the airport to the Nana Hotel last week. The meter showed 220 Baht and the tolls came to 70 Baht.

The Nana Hotel Limo Service to the Airport is 800 Baht (Tolls Included). The metered taxi was newer and nicer than the Nana Limos.

Regards

Silky

I will really appreciate if someone could explain me what has the word "LIMO" has become to in Thailand...

I will really appreciate if someone could explain me what has the word "LIMO" has become to in Thailand...

It means a vastly overpriced taxi service used by suckers who don't know any better. :D

Don't waste your money - just use the regular meter taxis which are perfectly good enough.

Where do you get metered taxis from the at airport? I tried once (usually get airport link but this was 5am) and they said 400.

Just do as the Thais do - go to the arrivals floor and pick up a Taxi who has just dropped a passenger off.

This avoids waiting around and paying the Airport taxi surcharge. Make sure he agrees to use the meter before you get in - this won't be a problem as most drivers are desperate to pick up an immediate return fare. :)

• 1 month later...