price from nana to airport

weblo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean for travel in BKK itself? I used it every day in BKK, especially the Sukhumvit Line, it is much better than walking/sweating :)

Got the rabbit card for the convenience on the first day and drove up and down on a daily basis.

• 2 weeks later...

yes 400 is the correct amount I have taken cab from nana and around Soi 11 it was always 400 except ones when it was my first visit and I didn't know any better the hotel said it was 900  looks like the doorman was making some extra cash. I never stead at that hotel again even  but if I I do I know how much to pay now

Quick and easy from Sukhumvit Road area to Suvarnabhumi or vice versa:

Taxi to Makkasan station about 70-80 bahts.

Fast train every ten minutes 90 bahts/25 km/15 minutes. Station is in basement of airport terminal.

• 2 weeks later...

Going the opposite direction from Nana to the airport (from Boss soi 4 to be correct) how would you get a metered taxi at 4:00am? I'm sure you could flag one down at Sukhumwit but Boss is set way back. I need to catch the first flight to Narita early in the morning!

I have never had trouble finding a cab on Soi 4 early in the morning.  There are lots of them hanging around at 4:30 am.

I have never had trouble finding a cab on Soi 4 early in the morning.  There are lots of them hanging around at 4:30 am.

Thanks, pal! I guess I'll get one by myself if the hotel quotes me an outrageous price.

• 2 weeks later...

I paid 500 thb back in October when it was raining crazy heavy so I was ok with the 20% surcharge.

Just make sure you confirm the price before getting in, and dont be afraid to wait for the next one if the first cab refuses to budge on price!

If they are not using the meter always ask before you get in the taxi and check if the price includes the highway tolls. There is a 50B surcharge rom the airport. There are ways to avoid this if you know the system. On the meter expect to pay about 350B but it does depend on the traffic.

Ask to use the meter.

My last trip from soi 11 Sukhumvit in November to the airport was 350 baht with the tolls and tip at 3 AM.  Had to wait for a couple of taxis because the first one or two didn't want to use the meter.

If I'm carrying suitcases and carry-ons I'd rather not be dragging them through the trains and up and down elevators, escalators and stairs.  I'm just too old for that and paying about $10-$12 for a door to door taxi seems fair to me.  

• 5 months later...