price from nana to airport

weblo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

Its actually around 250,but in soi Nana its impossible to get a meter taxi...at least u will pay 400....But i u walk up to Sukhumvit u can get one....If u dont have a big bag u can take the BTS and airportrail  70 baht in total...but during rush hour i would not recommend it

I've used to agree on 450 baht toll included. Looking at this thread I might wanna start asking for them to use the meter. I actually did that once and got ripped off. The meter from Suvarnabhumi to Ibis Nana hotel in Soi 4 showed 800 baht. I was shocked but figured the prices must've gone up hearing Thailand's economy was booming at the time. Quickly after I figured the meter obviously had been tampered with. A tad bit of an annoying holiday start but not a big deal.

It should be no more than 300 baht. Remember, coming FROM the airport when you just arrive, 50 baht surcharge. Going TO the airport when leaving, no surcharge.

I've found there's no problem to get a metered taxi to the airport any time, day or night. It's the stupid 2km trips where the drivers want to demand a set price from you. If some a-hole wants to tell you 500 baht to the airport, just wave him off and get the next one.  Airport trips are the bread and butter for most drivers. They know they aren't gonna waste an hour in traffic for a 45 baht fare and most seem to love getting out onto the highwway and opening that throttle up.

Was wondering, is there a place on soi Nana to book a taxi that will not overcharge? The taxis parked outside the hotels all ask for different figures round the 500 baht range. Note I cannot walk to sukhumvit rd because of my luggage situation. I paid 450 from airport to Nana therefore 500 doesn't sound like a major rip off...any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

If you are on Soi nana then depending on the Hotel Taxi Marfia you should be able to get a Metered Taxi thats driving down the Soi.

If not then 500 is Above Avg and should include tolls - make that clear when u agree on a price - 400 is a fair price but depending on what u are trying to carry  i would not argue over 100B...

Fuck ive Paided 200B before just to get to Soi Cowboy coz i couldnt be fucked walking to Nana BTS.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Going the opposite direction from Nana to the airport (from Boss soi 4 to be correct) how would you get a metered taxi at 4:00am? I'm sure you could flag one down at Sukhumwit but Boss is set way back. I need to catch the first flight to Narita early in the morning!

• 4 weeks later...