Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit

This shows the pool area.  I like the lagoon motif but the irregular L shape of the pool made swimming awkward. These photos were taken in 2021.

IMG_20210217_124529.jpg.bbfc61c3c78e6e348c30a355f6bbd539.jpgIMG_20210217_124616.jpg.536310e530291fac48a0a1efeb3a3364.jpgIMG_20210217_124826.jpg.69bccb149ca99ddf50bd4474cd66759b.jpg

They also gave out 300 baht discount coupons that I applied to the 500 baht in-room breakfast, which included smoked salmon Eggs Benedict.

IMG_20210803_080806.thumb.jpg.1e4fba820783180873c473c8ac0a1de5.jpg.363cfd8aeb3110cafcb64a482f2ae2df.jpg

They were offering free coffee in the lobby and the hotel manager stopped by to chat.

IMG_20210805_130445.jpg.6806f67a82c0d1117e77654301178102.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I think you'll like the Sheraton Grande more than the JW.

I was here last year and it is stella ... rooms are large, buffet brekky was divine and the service immaculate. They use quality toiletries from a local Thai brand and I ended up buying product from this brand to bring back to Australia.

The best thing is how it's linked directly to BTS Asok so it's very easy to get around the major areas on either BTS or MRT.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2023 at 8:48 PM, Woody Woodpecker said:

This shows the pool area.  I like the lagoon motif but the irregular L shape of the pool made swimming awkward. These photos were taken in 2021.

very nice pool, I see what they meant by instagram worthy. Is it quite busy and are there a lot of people by the pool?

On 5/18/2023 at 11:45 AM, poiuy109 said:

very nice pool, I see what they meant by instagram worthy. Is it quite busy and are there a lot of people by the pool?

This is a popular hotel and particularly at the weekends it can get very busy around the pool. But for me it is worth it, with all the plants around you really do not feel like you are in the centre of bangkok. The food is also excellent.

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of freelancers in the bar, I was there many years ago having a drink and had some conversations with 2 FRs there. The next morning although I was sober, I could not walk straight. In short I found out that I was drugged (had whisky in open cup!!) by the 2 girls whom I took to the room upstairs. They work in pairs and when upstairs one of them ask me to put her watch in the safe as she did not want the other girl to steal her watch. The idea is to see if they could get a glimpse of the code to the safe.....  So just beware!!

• 1 month later...

I've stayed at the Sheraton twice (once alone and once w/family in tow), and countless times at the Westin Grande Sukhumvit across the way, and I far prefer the Westin. It's smaller, the recently updated rooms are much more modern than the rooms I've stayed in at the Sheraton (if they have renovated rooms, I haven't been in them), and the friendliness and general service-oriented attitude of the staff at the Westin is always memorable to me. The Westin is almost always less expensive, too, and I'm Marriott Titanium and always get a great upgrade there. One more thing, if you like using the lounge for a free dinner once in a while, there's no contest...the Westin buffet has you taken care of, as opposed to the random (and server-delivered), intermittent hors d'oeuvres you get during happy hour at the Sheraton. The Westin gets extra points for almost always having something (pizza, etc.) in the lounge at happy hour that my very picky eater grandson will be happy with.