Eating in Sukhumvit

There is a guy that runs a donair/gyro stall at the entrance of Soi 5 Foodland.  For around 50 THB, you will have, and I am not exagerrating, the most flavourful donair you will have in your life.  Just be prepared to line up 'cos there will be queu.  He is usually open for business from 8ish onwards.

• 1 year later...

Gullivers  was a bit pricy, but the food was great. Even ate a very reasonable tasting steak there.

The company was terrific, thanks to my rich cousin, who had 3 ladies on his arm.

I still remember the classic car and the great location.

Love scene is really a good hint. Was there with my lady, but she did only see it from the outside, so she was completely stunned that we had to enter through the kitchen (I was really not knowing what was going on when we entered). But its really nice inside and the thai-food is pretty good and cheap.

A great restaurant for anyone that wants to impress a guest, when you enter through the kitchen and find this cozy room behind it http://www.bangkok-addicts.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif

another shout for love scene. I actually stumbled on here randomly my first time in Bangkok. Enjoyed it so much I at here at lest twice more that trip and after taking a girl from

Cowboy she took me there too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Take the train up to Thonglor and stroll down Soi 38 for street food. Great American Rib Co. on 36 has the best smoked ribs in Asia - I'd be happy with them in KC or Memphis. Get a full rack and split it - it's a lot cheaper than 2 half racks. Hemingway's on 14 behind the SGS is excellent. For Thai Food, I like P kitchen on Soi 18 & the Beer Garden (sorry no FLs) on 19. If I want to spend some $$, it's Giusto's on 23. IMO, the best Italian in BKK

• Upvote 1

I read that chillis or something like that at the end of soi 11 close to q bar is good for thai food. soi 8 is always ok. Love scene is good especially with a friend from Cowboy. The donair guy is good and was better before he hired staff. The restaurant in foodland on soi 5 is actually really good and relatively inexpensive for sukhumvit. always busy though.