Eating in Sukhumvit

Except Foodland for Thai food and Gullivers for european food I find that in most restaurants in Sukhumvit devoted to tourists around Nana you can often experience a lack of freshnes in their ingredients to say the best. That's why I usually take the BTS and head to a Mall (MBK, Siam paragon or Robinsons) to take a byte in MK or other restaurants around. Today I just found a small chinese restaurant in Robinsons really delicious.

Where do you have a byte in sukhumvit?. Any ideas?. I'm not talking about fancy restaurants but primaraly fresh food and if possible good quality dishes. By the way do you know if there's any MK restaurant in Sukhumvit.

Except Foodland for Thai food and Gullivers for european food I find that in most restaurants in Sukhumvit devoted to tourists around Nana you can often experience a lack of freshnes in their ingredients to say the best. That's why I usually take the BTS and head to a Mall (MBK, Siam paragon or Robinsons) to take a byte in MK or other restaurants around. Today I just found a small chinese restaurant in Robinsons really delicious.

Where do you have a byte in sukhumvit?. Any ideas?. I'm not talking about fancy restaurants but primaraly fresh food and if possible good quality dishes. By the way do you know if there's any MK restaurant in Sukhumvit.

Part of this depends on how far up Suk you are willing to go. But for western food there are several decent options - especially if Gullivers is the measuring stick:

Soi 8 pub

Tilac (German) - Soi 1

Bullys Pub - on Suk befor Suk 4

The Australian Pub - Soi 11

Old German Beerhouse - Soi 11

Bradmans (Aussy pub type place) - Soi 23

The Tavern (very small bar - American owned decent cheap food) - Soi 4

The Bus Stop - Soi 4

Sunrise Tacos and French to Go Bistro - on Suk just after Soi 12

Black Swan - by Asoke BTS station - even side of the road

Beiruit (Lebanese) - Plonchit center

La Buca (Italian) - Soi 1

Pizzeria Limoncello - Soi 11

Charley Brown's (Mexican - only does dinner service) - Soi 11 side soi

Los Cabos (Mexican) - Soi 14

Bourbon Street - Soi 22

Depends a lot on what type of food and what price you want to pay.

As for MK there is one in the basement of the Robinson complex (next to Tops Market) by Soi 19

Crepe and co is a fantastic french mediteranean restaurant up SOi 12 off sukumvit. A real find and a treat for the ladies. Took GF and daughters this year had a great meal in a relaxing atmosphere. From the newspaper full page spreads utilsed into pictures has been featured in Bangpost a few times as one of the hidden gems of Bangkok.

Big C

If I'm usually chowing street food, but I can recommend Love Scene on 23, Giustos on 23, Los Cabos on 16, Cabbages & Condoms on 12 (good food,setting, & cause), Thong Lee on 20, Le Dalat & Baaan Kanitha on 23, Seafood Mkt on 24 (too expensive, but good), and Tenderloins on 33. Away from Suk, I love the Wine Bar at the Pullman (great specials) and the Oyster Bar down Sathorn way. wj

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

How about the new Terminal 21 near Asoke station?

It has recently opened and they have one floor dedicated to food for local office people, meaning

good taste and not expensive.

Dieter :mellow:

Terminal 21 is a very good place too eat plenty of different restaurants and pier 21 on the 5th floor.

http://www.terminal21.co.th/