First time help

That map is awesome got a few hotel ideas for now and will let you all know when i get there. Dont know if i asked this or not but will the phone i have from usa work there do i need a new SIM card or just get a throwaway? what about charging my laptop and phone?

That map is awesome got a few hotel ideas for now and will let you all know when i get there. Dont know if i asked this or not but will the phone i have from usa work there do i need a new SIM card or just get a throwaway? what about charging my laptop and phone?

it should work if your phone is unlocked. just buy a sim card with 3G and you're good to go. I think the shops call them tourist sim cards but i am not 100% sure.

Thailand uses the type A and type C plugs and outlets so just bring along an adapter or else the hotel should have one to let you borrow. Worst case, buy one from the street in sukhumvit for 50 baht or something (not sure of the exact price)

few small questions I have a cell phone I use in the states will it work there? what about plug ins for laptop or cell phones. do I need an adapter? One last one shoud I have gotten shots before I came.

Try the 7-11 for the Sim card. I got one there last time and it worked fine. Lots of WiFi around too but can be slow in some places. If your phone has GPS it will work on the maps if you get turned around.

Get A Thai SIM Card At Bangkok Airport

The easiest solution is to do it as soon as you arrive at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi airport. There are branches of all three telecoms companies – AIS, DTAC and True – in Bangkok Airport’s Arrivals Hall so you can get a SIM as soon as you arrive. Ask them to install and set up the SIM card for you, just in case any settings need to be changed. Ensure the data connection is working and you can access your emails, Facebook etc before you leave the shop. These shops stay open late so check them out even if you arrive in the small hours of the morning.

Getting A Thai SIM Card In Bangkok

If you don’t get your Thai SIM at the airport, you can find branches of all three mobile carriers in Siam Paragon, Bangkok’s ritziest mall where the staff speak English. The mall is located right next to Siam Square BTS Station – very easy to find.

You can find the SIM card you need in Terminal 21, next to Soi Cowboy and about 15 minutes by feet from nana.

Personally while in bangkok I like the dtac holiday thingy, 50 bahts for the sim and 800 baht for a one month 9 GB data load. I don't use calls or txt message much, everyone has Line or whatsapp or facebook anyway.

• Upvote 1

You can find the SIM card you need in Terminal 21, next to soi cowboy and about 15 minutes by feet from nana.

Personally while in bangkok I like the dtac holiday thingy, 50 bahts for the sim and 800 baht for a one month 9 GB data load. I don't use calls or txt message much, everyone has Line or whatsapp or facebook anyway.

exactly. I get mine at the airport just after customs and don't give it another thought for the rest of the trip. 

Thanks for the help on the phone I got to Cebu and had one installed at the airport and will do the same at BKK. I will be there Friday at 5pm what time do the bars open there? is it ok to go there during the day to hang out and have a few beers. It is so frickin hot here in Cebu and muggy is it like this there if so I need to get some more shorts. thanks for everything you guys and have a great week.

thanks for all the help now one more thing (I know a lot of questions) here are 3 hotel choices

I am looking for girl friendly with a pool and here are three choices

Aspen suites

Majestic Grande Hotel

Dynasty Grande Hotel

Of the 3 hotels,I've only stayed at Aspen suites(Twice).Great hotel.girl friendly,spacious rooms,and being on Soi 2 is a bit quieter than on soi 4.You can take the short cut past Annies/Rajah hotel car park through to soi 4.Well convenient.

See what kind of deal you can get with the 3 hotels on Agoda/Expedia,etc...Then check wit the hotel's website prices and see if they have any promotions/offers going on.

Thanks for the help on the phone I got to Cebu and had one installed at the airport and will do the same at BKK. I will be there Friday at 5pm what time do the bars open there? is it ok to go there during the day to hang out and have a few beers. It is so frickin hot here in Cebu and muggy is it like this there if so I need to get some more shorts. thanks for everything you guys and have a great week.

If you arrive at 5pm, by the time you clear immigration, get you SIM card sorted and take a taxi to your hotel, I'd say it would be around 7pm. After checking-in, I would suggest, a quick shave and shower, out for dinner, and you'll be able to hit the bars by 8pm. Both Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy open at 8pm until 3am. And even after 3am, there are after-hours clubs where you can pick up girls. Beer bars usually open from the afternoon until 3am so yeah its fine to go during the day and have a drink. 

Bangkok is about 35 degrees celsius for the next couple of days. I would suggest heading down to MBK/Platinum Mall to grab a couple of shorts if you dont have any.

thanks for all the help now one more thing (I know a lot of questions) here are 3 hotel choices

I am looking for girl friendly with a pool and here are three choices

Aspen suites

Majestic Grande Hotel

Dynasty Grande Hotel

I can only recommend Aspen suites as I have stayed there before. Go back to page 1 and you can see my post regarding my stay.

great I think I have figured out the hotel now how about where to find some real good American food. A steak, burger, philly cheese steak, eggs benny I need good old American food.

The only American diner I can think of is V8 Diner at sukhumvit soi 12. I've been there a couple of times. The food is decent for my taste buds and reasonably priced. But I rarely eat non Thai food in Bangkok. It's one of the reasons I love thailand.

Why don't you give them burgers a rest for a couple of days, hit the street and fill your stomach with some amazing cheap Thai street food!