First time help

Hi all,

this will be my first time to BkK and i was hoping to get some really good info. I have been reading alot of posts about hotels and all but what im looking for is help.

I am arrving on a thursday want to stay 5 days in BKK and then go to Chiang Mai. I would like to visit most of the Soi but how close are they too each other.

What hotel is nice 34 stars and girl friendly,  What do I pack? I want to go to a few nightclubs and try my luck. I want to dress nice but dont want to bring a ton of clothes either.

Anyone want to meet up and show me around one day or night.

Thanks for the help

Jeff

I recommend 'The Dawin" on soi 4, reasonable price, new hotel with restaurant, girl friendly and clean, close to all the action. As far as clothes go Bangkok is hot and Chang Mai is starting to get cold at night, check the temperatures on google, because you will have to pack for hot and cold you will need a ton of clothes.

How about the clubs there do you ever go to them? i have seen some pics but want to leeok good maybe find someone that i dont have to pay for. I will be doing a lot of walking also and using taxi so where is a good place to exchange money?

For clubs, if you are looking for someone you dont have to pay for. Either go to the clubs targeted for foreigners (Climax, Levels, Insanity) and pick up a foreign girl or learn some thai and go to clubs targeted at locals (Route 66, Onyx, Nunglen-Escobar, Wip168), to pick up some university girls. Both options are obviously harder than the easier option of just paying a girl.

Best currency exhange is SuperRich1965 (http://www.superrich1965.com/location.php). They have quite a few branches spread out but you should be staying around sukhumvit so should either frequent the chidlom or the asoke branch.

In sukhumvit, to walk from soi to soi roughly takes less than 5 mins. For reference, to walk from Nana Place (Soi 4) to Soi Cowboy (Soi 23) takes roughly no more than 15 minutes. Slightly more if its crowded and if you stop by the road shops to take a look at what they are selling. If your hotel is deep in the soi, you can always take those motorcycle taxis and tell them to bring you to the main road. They will try and scam you so be sure you negotiate. It should cost no more than 20-30 baht. 

For clothes for 5 days, I would suggest 1 pair of shorts and 1 pair of jeans/chinos is sufficient. 2-3 t shirts/polos, and 2 dress shirts is fine. When I go to clubs in bangkok, I usually always wear a pair of loafers, and either jeans with a tight fitted t shirt/polo, or chinos with a tucked out dress shirt. If you go to nana plaza/soi Cowboy, shorts is fine too. But if thats too casual for you jeans and a t shirt is fine too. No need to wear a suit unless you really want to impress. But also take note, its hot and humid in bangkok. During the day, t shirt, shorts, flip-flops is fine.

For chiang mai, I am not 100% sure as I never been there but at night it is definitely cooler than Bangkok. Maybe bring one thin long sleeve t shirt and buy those thai harem pants to sleep in. Other than that, during the day the weather is pretty much the same.

this is the kind of information I needed thank you so much. I will use the information anything else like what are the best Soi to visit and how about a hotel that you may recommend.

hope this map helps a bit.

bar-girl-friendly-hotel-map.png

• Upvote 1

I stayed in Aspen Suites in Soi 2. It is quite a walk from the hotel until the main road but there is a free hotel tuk tuk that can take you to the main road. It is also an easy walk to Rajah Hotel where you can simply cut through the carpark into Soi 4 and Nana Plaza is just a 1 minute walk from there.

The hotel itself is quite good. Comes with breakfast and it has a swimming pool as well. Inside, the rooms are big enough for me, with a small dining table, small kitchen as well as it comes with a bathtub in the bathroom. The wifi was a bit slow though.

It is guest friendly and doesn't charge extra, but to be sure just make sure you book for 2 guests. They keep the ID of your guest as well. But what really impressed me is when I brought my thai girlfriend over and she was just wearing simple shorts and a tshirt and they did not ask for her ID. I thought that was really professional and I think both me and my girlfriend would have been slightly upset if the reception did end up asking her for her ID.

The bkk Soi area cover so much ground. It is best to research each via Google Street view, and this forum to figure out where and what you want to do. If you will return again, it is better to try and divide the area and conquer a bit at a time.

Soi 4 can be loud, and being tucked a little ways into a different area but still close to the action is best. A good hotel will have a washing machine in the room for laundry, so look for that too. This greatly reduces the need for lots of clothes.

Exchange at the Rich locations, or the bank across from McdonaldS off the main road and Soi 4.

Get a data Sim for your mobile while there too. Cheap and helps a lot when out and about.

Enjoy and let us know if you need anything else.