Dream Hotel

I've stayed there a couple times. The rooms are nice, it's just the location. It's in this really dark alley and about a 10 minute walk to the road. They do have a tuk tuk you can take to speed things up.

The actual hotel though is modern (IMO it's better outfitted than the Dream hotel in NYC). Rooms are clean and you can have this blue hue with the lights.

Really the only drawback is the location. If it were on Soi 11, it would be my goto hotel (which is currently Aloft).

Hope that helps.

It's might take you 10 minutes to walk from Dream Hotel to Sukhumvit if you crawl on your hands and knees. I've stayed there and I can't remember it taking me any more than 3 minutes.

I think Dream has one of the best locations and the price vs what you get is really good there.

• 2 weeks later...

I would go with the Dream.  While I have not stayed there, I do know where it is.  I have stayed at Aloft and I did not like it.  Sure the rooms were OK, but the rest of the place was crap.  The gym was tiny and the pool area was incredibly small, with almost no chairs or area to hang out in the sun.  They do have a tuktuk to drive to the SUK, but they are understaffed and make you wait 10-15 minutes for it.

Another option (my usual) is the President Palace on Soi 11.  Middle of the street, great pool and gym and likely cheaper than either of the two options you are looking at.  (sorry to make your decision harder)...you will have a great time no matter where you go.

• 1 month later...