Airport train

Hi

I'll be in SE Asia for about 5 weeks and probably be going by Savarnabhumi airport at some stage. Normally I just get a taxi/limo and go straight to Pattaya as previusly the hassle to go to Bangkok does not justify 1 or 2 day trip before heading to Pattaya. But I heard about this train link that takes one to the proximity of Nana area in about 15 min with min effort. Is it or is there any chance it'll be operational by the end of February 2010? Pushing my luck? :rolleyes: I can even work in to get there early march if that made any difference.

Hi

I'll be in SE Asia for about 5 weeks and probably be going by Savarnabhumi airport at some stage. Normally I just get a taxi/limo and go straight to Pattaya as previusly the hassle to go to Bangkok does not justify 1 or 2 day trip before heading to Pattaya. But I heard about this train link that takes one to the proximity of Nana area in about 15 min with min effort. Is it or is there any chance it'll be operational by the end of February 2010? Pushing my luck? :rolleyes: I can even work in to get there early march if that made any difference.

Last I heard, opening in April, maybe...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys !

It would be great to take the train from the airport to downtown Bkk. Then there will be no hazzle of where to be picked up and where to be droped of.

Cheers :D

• 5 weeks later...

I am very much looking forward to this commuter train finally being open. It's usually not much of a hassle taking a taxi except for traffic during the day. My only question is how much difficulty would one have dealing with luggage? I could see this train being a fantastic thing for runs to the airport during the day with carry-on luggage, but what about the tourist flying in for a month or more with heavy luggage?

• 2 weeks later...

How much will be skytrain price from airport to city center?

It's not the Skytrain, it's a totally different system and will only connect with the Skytrain at Phaya Thai and then it will still require a walk to the station. Proposed fare was going to be 150 baht but I would bet on it being higher by the time it finally opens. Anyone with bags and not travelling alone would be better off taking a taxi. But we'll see.

Edited by brewster

• 1 month later...

The train will be great when it finally gets going...I usually catch one of the busses and get off right downtown near Nana station...Of course I usually travel very light... a small backpack and one hand bag...

Cheers www.snakephoto.blogspot.com