Hotel Dilemma

Anyone ever stayed in Omni towers serviced apartments? I'm booked in for Boss Suites for when I arrive but have a week before I leave too so want to try a serviced apartment then. I stayed at Amari residence last time and it was fantastic but a bit of a walk to Nana. Ideally id like something closer located to the station and same sort of price range as Amari. Also is Omni towers GF?

Sorry for not coming back to you sooner.

If your happy to go to $100 a night - 3000B then you have a very big choice of hotels. I would look on sites like Agoda or Asiarooms as you can get some very good deals. However, before you book always check the hotel is guest friendly (there are sites that give lists) and I always book a room for 2. So far, in 14 years of coming to BKK, I have only had a problem once, at The Rembrant Hotel, about guests joining me. In the case of The Rembrant Hotel it was a total no go for guests unless they checked in with you - I checked out the following day. The girls do ask what hotel you are staying in and I am sure they set their price based on the quality of your hotel - if you can afford to pay for a good hotel then you can afford to give then a little more.

Finding a hotel close enough to both Nana and Cowboy that your guest for the night would be willing to walk could be difficult. It is not far and I am happy to walk between the two but most girls will not walk more than a few yards back to the hotel - they want to save their energy for other things. So I suggest you need to decide if you are going to be Nana or Cowboy based or accept taking a taxi home at night.

Then decide if you want a pool at the hotel, this depends what you plan to do in the afternoons. There is a price difference between hotels with or without a pool for the same quality of room and if you are not going to use the pool why pay for it. If I am being honest I tend to spend my time at the hotel in the room so most of the facilities the hotel has on offer do not really worry me. Some hotels include breakfast but I am rarely down early enough for this. I do look for a room with a WiFi link and an in room safe. I like a nice big bed and the girls always like a good bathroom also if there is a sitting area in the room you have a few more options for some places for some action.

I have paid 1200B a night and found the room and hotel is little different from what I have paid 2200B for. The Majestic Grand on Soi 2 is a good choice for Nana a large hotel with a pool close to the action at about 2000B a night or the Legacy a smaller hotel also close to Nana at 1500B a night.

Around the 100 dollar mark. I would ideally like to stay within walking distance of both Nanna and Cowboy, insomina etc, but have no clue. Thanks very much. TTT

Thanks very much. TTT

Staying right now at the Ramada on 12. Price with fees on Agoda is about £40gbp.

Third time here. I'm staying alone in my room, as I prefer to use external facilities for my fun. However, no shortage of men with guests here. Even one African lady.

Breakfast is great. Good pool & very unusually, they will call a meter taxi for you.

As has been mentioned before though, the walk along Suk is quite part of the experience.

Can be recommended.

Agoda is great, I have booked hotels down Soi 8 for about $40 (AUD) per night which is fair budget. One is an apartment with kitchen. These kind of prices are available for NEXT NIGHT, so don't ever walk into a hotel to book a room, just use the Net even the day before you need a room. Agoda is approx 50% of walk-in price.

Soi 8 is as central as you can get in Suk IMO.

The homepage search engine is the best, you can click for Suk, pool, star rating, and it tells you how many results you will get before you click - makes narrowing down what you want a breeze.

Watch out for the taxes on Agoda though, they sting you about 20% on top of the advertised price, that can hurt :o

Agoda is great, I have booked hotels down Soi 8 for about $40 (AUD) per night which is fair budget. One is an apartment with kitchen. These kind of prices are available for NEXT NIGHT, so don't ever walk into a hotel to book a room, just use the Net even the day before you need a room. Agoda is approx 50% of walk-in price.

Soi 8 is as central as you can get in Suk IMO.

The homepage search engine is the best, you can click for Suk, pool, star rating, and it tells you how many results you will get before you click - makes narrowing down what you want a breeze.

Watch out for the taxes on Agoda though, they sting you about 20% on top of the advertised price, that can hurt :o

if that's the case, booking.com is better than Agoda. No extra fees.

I used booking.com to book my hotels in BKK n Pattaya back in July n it's a good site.

if that's the case, Booking.com is better than Agoda. No extra fees.

I used Booking.com to book my hotels in BKK n pattaya back in July n it's a good site.

Have not compared the BKK or Pattaya rates, but for other cities, it seems that Agoda rates (after adding taxes) are still slightly lower than booking.com, or other websites.

The difference is that booking.com is a reservation website, so you will not need to pay in advance, and pay directly to the hotel after the stay (you still have to provide a credit card number, so you'll still be charged for a no show), whereas Agoda takes payment in advance, so gives a bit more of a discount since it is cash in hand for them.

Previously, the choice of hotels on Agoda was more limited compared to booking.com, as the major chains were not always represented, but that seems to have changed recently.

Anyone ever stayed in Omni towers serviced apartments? I'm booked in for boss suites for when I arrive but have a week before I leave too so want to try a serviced apartment then. I stayed at Amari residence last time and it was fantastic but a bit of a walk to Nana. Ideally id like something closer located to the station and same sort of price range as Amari. Also is Omni towers GF?

I spent a couple of nights at Omni Tower last year. Rooms are huge. Very good security with a guard manning the elevator area. No problem with bringing girls back to the room. They do have a swimming pool and a gym but I din't use these. It's a 5-10 minute walk to Nana Plaza. It's a decent place to stay, and is very good value. I would stay again. I'm sure I have some photos of the room somewhere. I'll upload them if I find them.