That feeling...

That feeling you get when you buy your airline tickets and get hotel reservations for Bangkok!!!  I have that feeling now...just purchased my airline tickets on EVA for November!!!  November can't get here soon enough!!  Since I'm a diamond member with Hilton, I opted for the Conrad Bangkok...hopefully I'll get upgraded...Conrad Manila always upgraded me to a suite.  If not, no big deal...I'll still have Executive Lounge privileges!!

Once I'm "boots on the ground", I'll provide updates on massage parlors, Nana and Soi Cowboy, and the BJ bars!!

I was waiting for flight costs to come down, but they've remained pretty consistent this month...Business class from Chicago to BKK set me back $5,777.  I have a 3 hour layover in Taipei, but that's manageable.  I've flown from Chicago to Incheon to Clark, with a 13 hour layover...that sucked!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Such an awesome feeling! 

I often fly Eva business from Singapore to New York via Taiwan. It's a really solid choice. Not the fanciest in the world, but the service is really friendly and the food is decent. I feel like Eva always has good value for money - especially if the same flight on SQ runs 50% more expensive. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, polluxxx said:

Such an awesome feeling! 

I often fly Eva business from Singapore to New York via Taiwan. It's a really solid choice. Not the fanciest in the world, but the service is really friendly and the food is decent. I feel like Eva always has good value for money - especially if the same flight on SQ runs 50% more expensive. 

This will be my second time flying EVA business class.  First time was in 2019 from Chicago to Manila.  Only part that sucks is the 15.5 hr flight from Chicago to Taipei!!!  Hence, the reason for Business Class.  Couldn't imagine the ass pain flying economy for that long!!

On 6/28/2023 at 3:09 PM, DGD said:

That feeling you get when you buy your airline tickets and get hotel reservations for Bangkok!!!  I have that feeling now...just purchased my airline tickets on EVA for November!!!  November can't get here soon enough!!  Since I'm a diamond member with Hilton, I opted for the Conrad Bangkok...hopefully I'll get upgraded...Conrad Manila always upgraded me to a suite.  If not, no big deal...I'll still have Executive Lounge privileges!!

Once I'm "boots on the ground", I'll provide updates on massage parlors, Nana and Soi Cowboy, and the BJ bars!!

I was waiting for flight costs to come down, but they've remained pretty consistent this month...Business class from Chicago to BKK set me back $5,777.  I have a 3 hour layover in Taipei, but that's manageable.  I've flown from Chicago to Incheon to Clark, with a 13 hour layover...that sucked!!!

I just booked EVA in business flying out of Houston in November. I have miles on American but couldn't find any availability on the dates I wanted to travel. 

Oddly enough, my ticket cost was exactly the same as yours-$5777. About the same layover in TPE.  

Have fun out there 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, smithzac91 said:

I just booked EVA in business flying out of Houston in November. I have miles on American but couldn't find any availability on the dates I wanted to travel. 

Oddly enough, my ticket cost was exactly the same as yours-$5777. About the same layover in TPE.  

Have fun out there 

That's got to be the going rate, hahahaha.  My flight leaves Chicago at 0020 on the 7th, and I arrive in BKK at 1235 on the 8th.  Hopefully by the time I clear customs, get my luggage, exchange dollars to baht, get a taxi to my hotel, I'll actually be able to check-in at the hotel!

I'll definitely have fun...it's my fifth time to BKK...first since 2017 though...enjoy yourself as well!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Varmint said:

When in November are you going? I'll be there myself from the 8th to the 15th.

Varmint, I'll be there from the 8th until the 21st!

11 hours ago, DGD said:

Varmint, I'll be there from the 8th until the 21st!

heh, we arrive on the same day then, although my flight doesn't get in till 6.40pm. Let me know if you want to grab a beer or five at some point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Varmint said:

heh, we arrive on the same day then, although my flight doesn't get in till 6.40pm. Let me know if you want to grab a beer or five at some point.

Varmint, will do!!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...