Budget hotels with no walk of shame.

Seems covid did in my fave accommodation, the Heidelberg Hotel on Nana.

What I liked most was guests went straight to the lift without any walk of shame or ID check.

Any ideas budget hotels with no walk of shame? Lower Suk area, short walk to BTS, under 2500THB.

Failing that, what is the vote between Dawin and Citrus Soi 6?

Honest to god, I have alwasy been weary of people staring at the lobby, i think its just a matter of time and you probably wont be bothered anymore 

I've stayed at a few places on Nana before but never Nana hotel.

11 hours ago, MidniteM said:

Mate, no one cares.  Just go to a hotel that you like.  Also, a "budget hotel" is likely to be a lot less than 2500baht per night.

Nana hotel is probably your best bet that suits all of your needs - close to bars, beer bars, NEP, freelancers, etc.

I've stayed at a few places on Nana, but never the Nana hotel. I think there is a new and old wing, and you want to be in the new wing, is that correct?

I think the new wing also doesn't have reception, although I am sure I'm not doing anything close to some of the things the Nana hotel has seen over the years.

How do you ensure you're booking a room in the new wing?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 12:13 PM, Herbby said:

No need to worry about “the walk of shame”. Hotel staff see it hundreds of times a day. They don’t give a flying fuck.

Yup. A nice guest friendly hotel just wont mind at all.

I've never had a hotel ask to see a girl's ID in Bangkok. Maybe a nod from the receptionist, but that's all.

But if you really want to be able to skip walking past the reception completely, stay at the Doubletree on Soi 26. They have a back entrance to Soi 24. It's open 24/7, so you can enter and exit without going by the reception. It's very easy to find, just walk right out of the main elevators instead of left to the reception. It's also a shortcut to the BTS, so many people use it.

But as others have said, don't worry about it. The staff really don't care. Before my first trip to Bangkok, I did a lot of research about which hotels were guest-friendly, but now I just assume any quality hotel on Lower Shukumvit is. It's never been a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Walk of Shame in budget hotel? Really? What I experienced in this case was rather that the hotel staff worried about me when I went to my room in the evening without a female companion. Most of the time i was ask next day by a security guard, if everything is OK. On the other hand, it happened to me twice that after spending the night without a female companion, the girls from the reception or travel desk became very "friendly".