Newbie looking for a hotel recommendation

Hey everyone so I am in town like a month and a bit from now but I want to try and find some options for a place to stay before hand, so here is what I am looking for, not everything is a must except that it has to be close-ish to the action in Bangkok since it will be a first time and alone I don't want to have the possibility of getting seriously lost lol

Budget: anywhere up to $250/night CAD

- decent to large sized room

- no joiner fee

- Internet access included, wireless preferred but not necessary

- clean rooms and friendly staff

That's really about it, I can't think of any other important things. Any input will be highly appreciated!

$250 a night will get you a very nice hotel in Bangkok. I would recommend the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit. It is very close to Soi Cowboy and only a 15 minute walk (or one stop on the BTS) from Nana. I stay there quite often when I'm in BKK the staff are very friendly the rooms are a good size. Currently they have rooms at the weekend at a rate of $145 a night. But that is room only. They also offer a delux package that includes free drinks between 6pm and 8pm at any of the bars in the hotel, internet access (wireless and wired) and breakfast.

Hey everyone so I am in town like a month and a bit from now but I want to try and find some options for a place to stay before hand, so here is what I am looking for, not everything is a must except that it has to be close-ish to the action in Bangkok since it will be a first time and alone I don't want to have the possibility of getting seriously lost lol

- no joiner fee

That's really about it, I can't think of any other important things. Any input will be highly appreciated!

No need to spend that on a hotel. Take a look at the Dynasty Grande mate. About 2,000 THB per night and a nice hotel. http://www.dynastygrande.com/

Cheers,

Mark

- no joiner fee

Go for Grand millenium at soi 23 or JW Mariott at soi 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice topic,With my view on this topic.There lots of hotel that have affordable price.If money is no problem, I have stayed at both the Le Fenix Hotel and the Lewis Grand and can recommend them both. Free wifi at both, big rooms, nice pools and luxury.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this posting is in time before you get into country but I also like Phachara Suites. It is a serviced apartment and you get more room and comfort for the same price you would pay at the Marriott or Sheraton.

Check out this link I posted on Phachara, http://www.bangkok-addicts.com/forum/topic/1108-4-5-hotel-or-similar/page__st__12. No joiner fee (guest friendly) and just think about the money you save on the room can go to your entertainment.

Sure there's others. I recommend Agoda.com, for deals and ratings. Plug in your dates and click Sukhomvit filter. Stay between Soi 4 and Soi 22 hotels.

Good luck.

- no joiner fee

I would highly recommend Fraser Suites on Soi 11. Cost is about $100 - $110 and is a great value. I've stayed at some of the other hotels mentioned such as Le Fenix, Milenium, Phachara but I keep coming back to Fraser Suites. First it is a nice hotel, big private well appointed suites, good wireless internet, breakfast, pool, exercize room. It is just a first class yet quiet hotel. Second is location. I really enjoy staying on Soi 11. Soi 11 has a lot going on but not too much. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to Nana and you'll pass Beer Bars, Massage shops, good resturants and some nice nighttime street bars and restraunts. Third they are very girl friendly. In fact I've brought 2 girls to my room on a couple of occassions and the staff never blinked an eye. Forth the doormen salute you when you come to the door.....cracks me up every time!Le Fenix is about 100m away but is half the hotel.

Stayed at Phachara a couple weeks ago due to some good promotional prices. Their promo prices were due to their road being all torn up. Had to slog a couple blocks through the mud to get there. Hotel is a little better than Le Fenix but still a good step below Fraser.

Another hotel worth looking at is Radisson Suites on Soi 13. They have some good pricing at the moment and the Suites are very nice. They are equal to Fraser but can be found closer to $80. When I stay there though I find myself detouring to Soi 11 before heading out.

I'll be in BKK July 29-Aug 1 and again Aug 10-15. Should you stay at Frasers during these dates let me know, I'll make sure to look for you.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to bump and ask if anyone knows if these places have late check in? I will be getting into Bangkok at 11pm, so probably wont be at the hotel until 12am....

Arriving on the 16th, leave on the 15th.

EDIT: I do think Fraser suites is the way I will go, its a tab bit more expensive but a bloody beautiful looking place!