Seeking advice on final hotel choice

Yeas, I realize this is common topic, but I'd appreciate everyone's assistance. I'll be in Bangkok for 4 nights in early April, maybe returning for another 3 nights a week later Phuket/Pattaya in between). Anyway, looking for a GF hotel (impoortant!) that's close to Skytrain (and to the action). Internet in the room is important to me (especially if it's included), but many on my short list have both. I'm not looking to break the bank but I'd like to have some amenities (Internet, good security, good safe in-room, and be in a good location.

In researching the posts here these are on my list:

Grand Majestic (good location, high price, internet)

Admiral Premier (OK location, OK-high price, internet)

Royal President (OK location, OK-high price, internet)

Grand President (good location, high price)

City Lodge Soi 19 (good location, good price, wifi lobby only)

Dynasty Grand (I'm getting them all mixed up now...too many "grandes" and "majestics")

Anyway, you get my point. I'm leaning towards the Admiral Premier or Royal President - they have some good specials right now. Is the walk to the Skytrain a big deal? It doesn't look to be...

Am I on the right track? Any other recommendations? I'm looking to book soon..

Thanks!

Much appreciated.

Yeas, I realize this is common topic, but I'd appreciate everyone's assistance. I'll be in Bangkok for 4 nights in early April, maybe returning for another 3 nights a week later Phuket/Pattaya in between). Anyway, looking for a GF hotel (impoortant!) that's close to Skytrain (and to the action). Internet in the room is important to me (especially if it's included), but many on my short list have both. I'm not looking to break the bank but I'd like to have some amenities (Internet, good security, good safe in-room, and be in a good location.

In researching the posts here these are on my list:

Grand Majestic (good location, high price, internet)

Admiral Premier (OK location, OK-high price, internet)

Royal President (OK location, OK-high price, internet)

Grand President (good location, high price)

City Lodge Soi 19 (good location, good price, wifi lobby only)

Dynasty Grand (I'm getting them all mixed up now...too many "grandes" and "majestics")

Anyway, you get my point. I'm leaning towards the Admiral Premier or Royal President - they have some good specials right now. Is the walk to the Skytrain a big deal? It doesn't look to be...

Am I on the right track? Any other recommendations? I'm looking to book soon..

Thanks!

Much appreciated.

Dynasty Grande is the one I always suggest. Think it is 1880 THB per night now. Good value.

(and you have to walk by my bar to get to it :rolleyes: )

Cheers,

Mark

Definetly my tip would be to stay at Dynasty Grand! Great hotel, close to the action, good sized rooms, free internet, room safes, big pool, and really friendly staff that never look down on you when you walk in with your girl for the night.

• 1 month later...

Yes I would also like Dynasty Grand hotel.Which is my favourite one of them.Last month me and my friend visited this hotel for our college survey.All the staff of this hotel is friendly.And I also like there room service and starting service to the customer.When we enter this hotel staff man come and pick my big travel bag and then they said sit inside and then they give me juice glass.I am really enjoy this service.

• 4 months later...

I have booked the Dynasty Grande for October, but i'm not sure if they have a safe in the bedrooms, they only mention safe deposit boxes, which i'm not keen on (don't like the thought of my passport and money being too far away from me!). Can anyone who has stayed at Dynasty Grande confirm whether they haved safes in room or not?

I have booked the Dynasty Grande for October, but i'm not sure if they have a safe in the bedrooms, they only mention safe deposit boxes, which i'm not keen on (don't like the thought of my passport and money being too far away from me!). Can anyone who has stayed at Dynasty Grande confirm whether they haved safes in room or not?

Yes, they have in-room safes (stayed there a couple of times); in fact, their website says so too ...

• 1 month later...

hi .. read your question together with the responses .. which hotel did you eventually choose there in bangkok .. i am also doing a trip there next year .. with several others and will be looking at options to choose for nights there .. we do not mind some of the comforts also, so let me know if able .. smiles .. peter