Is reservation a good idea?

Hey Guys. My mate and I are in BKK for a couple of nights next week and then Pattaya for 3 nights. We're looking at a pure pleasure holiday with no baggage and maximum flexibility so I was just curious whether hotel reservations are a good idea at this time of month. I dont know how busy this time is - we'd prefer to just land up at a hotel and confirm reservations. Any suggestions/help?

So far, I've been eyeing either Asoke Suites or Majestic in BKK and Pattaya Bay Resort or something cheaper in Pattaya. Any recommendations? Budget of about 1500-2000 baht for a double room. Would be ok to go for something cheaper in Pattaya on the beach also.

Please help.

• 2 months later...

i usually book at least my first night in advance. I dont mind walking around looking at hotels usually, but after a days worth of flights it isnt the first thing I want to do. plus if the airlines delays / looses your bags or something, you at least have an address for where you are staying.

I have heard good things about Asoke, but never stayed there myself. Location looks good though. I usually will stay in that area. Nice area, close to skytrain, massage joints, and Soi Cowboy / Nana.