AGODA booking vs any other site?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone confirm this?  I just downloaded the Agoda app but I'm not far ahead enough to book...  The S Sukhumvit Suites seem to be a better price on the app.  I know this hotel is very close to Soi Cowboy.

Anyone know if Sacha's Hotel Uno is Guest Friendly?  One of the higher rated hotels at a decent price.

Sacha's Hotel Uno was guest friendly last February, when I was there. I like it because of its excellent location, at short walking distance from BTS and MRT Asok. Another good choice could be SilQ hotel, which is located in proximity of Sacha's hotel Uno in soi 19, slightly further away from Sukhumvit road.

Sacha's Hotel Uno was guest friendly last February, when I was there. I like it because of its excellent location, at short walking distance from BTS and MRT Asok. Another good choice could be SilQ hotel, which is located in proximity of Sacha's hotel Uno in soi 19, slightly further away from Sukhumvit road.

That's where I booked my 8 nights. I contacted the hotel directly to ask if it was guest friendly and they confirmed. Then they gave me some expensive "special deal" if I called them directly to book. I booked on Agoda for about 35% less, all inclusive. Edited by Gibsons1

When I booked Nana 2 weeks ago, I found that I could book the Deluxe room only directly via their website and the booking websites had only the standard room available.

​Their website is not good and do not show the price, however the ​Deluxe room is quite big and had nice views over the carpark. ;)

When I booked Nana 2 weeks ago, I found that I could book the Deluxe room only directly via their website and the booking websites had only the standard room available.

​Their website is not good and do not show the price, however the ​Deluxe room is quite big and had nice views over the carpark. ;)

The price quoted (where I booked on Agoda) directly on the Hotel's website was much higher than Agoda for the same size room.  I booked on Agoda.  I looked at a couple other hotel's websites and Agoda was still cheaper than booking directly.

Maybe this is not always the case.

I use trip advisory for the initial search. That usually covers all the options available. And then from there I will either use hotels.com or Agoda. I think Agoda is actually owned by hotels.com. Some hotels only show up on one or the other and when they are on both the prices are pretty close. If they are on both I use hotels.com since for every 10 nights you earn a free room, (worth the average value of your stays). Since I book for myself and my wingman I accumulate these free nights and I then use them to book us some one off trips like when we go to BKK we stay need terminal 21 but will use free nights to have a couple nights near Patpong.  Agoda has a points plus program where you can earn airline miles on your airline of choice. I find airline miles to be the least valuable "reward" option so I usually don't use Agoda unless I have no other option. 

I use trip advisory for the initial search. That usually covers all the options available. And then from there I will either use hotels.com or Agoda. I think Agoda is actually owned by hotels.com.

I usually find Agoda and Expedia to be the cheapest. Whenever hotels.com is the cheapest one (which is rare in my experience), Expedia seems to match it.

Priceline.con

Bookink.com

Agoda

Kayak

Cheapflights

They have different prices some are cheaper some days other days the others are cheaper but remember one thing the Are All the same Company it can also sometimes be cheaper booking direct. Europe has caught on and sometime Thailand will catch on if hotels do direct bookings no fee's to pay to the booking agents.

Can anyone confirm this?  I just downloaded the Agoda app but I'm not far ahead enough to book...  The S Sukhumvit Suites seem to be a better price on the app.  I know this hotel is very close to Soi Cowboy.

Anyone know if Sacha's Hotel Uno is Guest Friendly?  One of the higher rated hotels at a decent price.

It was a few years ago, remember s-suits has a serious walk of shame the reception restaurant and bar/ terrace share the same space, if that's not a problem for you it gets 10 out of 10 for location.

It was a few years ago, remember s-suits has a serious walk of shame the reception restaurant and bar/ terrace share the same space, if that's not a problem for you it gets 10 out of 10 for location.

Oh, didn't realize that...  not a big deal.  I'll deal with it.

S Sukhumvit Suites has the reception on the 2nd floor, so you can just skip it.

The restaurant on the 1st floor isn't that "intrusive", and if you return with a Special Lady in the middle of the night the place is closed anyway, isn't it?