AGODA booking vs any other site?

S Sukhumvit Suites has the reception on the 2nd floor, so you can just skip it.

The restaurant on the 1st floor isn't that "intrusive", and if you return with a Special Lady in the middle of the night the place is closed anyway, isn't it?

I thought you were guys were talking about Sacha's Uno... I didn't book at S Sukhumvit Suites.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S Sukhumvit Suites has the reception on the 2nd floor, so you can just skip it.

The restaurant on the 1st floor isn't that "intrusive", and if you return with a Special Lady in the middle of the night the place is closed anyway, isn't it?

Then it may have changed a bit,it's a few years since I have seen the middle of the night,I prefer a couple of STs a day and waiting for the lift in full view of a full restaurant and a bunch of lads on the piss half in and half outside made a couple of my afternoon guests a bit uncomfortable,just saying.

Then it may have changed a bit,it's a few years since I have seen the middle of the night,I prefer a couple of STs a day and waiting for the lift in full view of a full restaurant and a bunch of lads on the piss half in and half outside made a couple of my afternoon guests a bit uncomfortable,just saying.

I never really noticed the restaurant when going to my room as it's separated from the elevator area with a doorway. But maybe I didn't pay close enough attention, I don't know.

It was a few years ago, remember s-suits has a serious walk of shame the reception restaurant and bar/ terrace share the same space, if that's not a problem for you it gets 10 out of 10 for location.

S. Sukumvit reception is on the Second floor now. You can circumvent it (unless you happen to be on the second floor past reception in the old section) but even then they do not say anything when you walk in. If you want them to take ID for some reason you can stop there. The restaurant is not an issue at all in my experience, (that would be the walk of shame out not in.) the restaurant closes at Midnight. When I book my room I select 2 guests per room including breakfast (same rate) and if I hit it off with a lady we will have breakfast before sending her on her way.

I usually find Agoda and Expedia to be the cheapest. Whenever Hotels.com is the cheapest one (which is rare in my experience), Expedia seems to match it.

Agoda is cheaper many times in actual price. But doesn't have that great a rewards program they will give you airmiles but you usually have to pay a bit more than their cheapest rate. hotels.com does offer a free night for every ten nights stayed. The value of that night is the average of the daily rate of the ten nights. So for my next booking i would save a total of $50 for 10 nights on Agoda. It would be a savings of $11 if i took the rate that gives miles. Or pay $50 more at hotels and earn a free night worth 60. As i type it out it doesn't really sound like a big difference but I do like having the bank of free nights to use as needed.

Frankly, I've always gotten the same or better prices by booking directly with the hotel. Many times I've compared the prices and the direct booking option is either cheaper or the same price and always more flexible with no up-front payment

I rarely find that to be the case anymore. It used to be in the past though. Find us a case of a hotel that is cheaper for a future date direct from the hotel.