Rosabieng Restaurant, Sukhumvit Soi 11

Was trying to find it on google maps street view and can't seem to find it. It's across the road from Ambassador hotel or Climax right? Just looks like some bushes and a house maybe.

That's it. It's a house and garden.

Visited Bangkok for a few days with Cerberus and Alleycat and ate at Rosabieng Restaurant on a Thursday night. It is located on Sukhumvit Soi 11 almost directly across from the Ambassador hotel. If you walk down Soi 11 from Sukhumvit, the restaurant is about 75 yards down on your left hand side. It has space for car and motorbike parking, but if you walk like most, it is very easy to reach by foot.

attachicon.gifDSC05896.jpg

The restaurant looks like a big house from the outside, and has outdoor deck seating for approximately 50 or 60 guests as well as a separate bar and live music.

attachicon.gifDSC05894.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC05895.jpg

The restaurant itself has a train theme to it, from the sign outside to the working scale train set inside.

attachicon.gifDSC05893.jpg

There is seating on three different floors inside the restaurant, with party rooms on the second and third floors (first and second for you Europeans biggrin.gif) They seat 40 - 50 guests on each floor for a total occupancy of almost 200 guests. That said, reservations don't seem to be required due to the size of the restaurant. If I were coming with a large party, I would still call ahead though.

This is not an upscale or hi so restaurant, but it is far removed from being a hole in the wall food stall. The majority of guests seemed to be Thai and other Asian nationalities, and I would have no problem bringing a girlfriend or wife here. The service is prompt for the most part, with the food coming out much quicker than expected. Quality and flavor of the food was good in my opinion, not excellent, but definitely a place I would eat again. There is a main serving table (an expediter station in restaurant speak) in the middle of the dining area. Makes for good food watching as you can see what each table has ordered and if so inclined you could ask for the same.

attachicon.gifDSC05884.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC05885.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC05886.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC05887.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC05888.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC05889.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC05890.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC05891.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC05892.jpg

The food was not as spicy as expected even though we asked for some dishes to be extra spicy. One small complaint is that our appetizer came out second to last, but again, all the food came out quickly so it was not that big of a deal. The menu is quite extensive, probably close to 40 pages in total. That makes ordering difficult if you're new to Thai food or are just indecisive like me. Prices here are about average for a restaurant of this style, with six dishes and a few drinks for three people totaling less than ฿1,500. I didn't pay attention to see if a service charge is added. Good food with good company always makes for a good night out.

I've eaten there before.  Looks like they've take a new approach to Marketing their venue.  I'll be sure to revisit next trip to Bangkok. Thanks for the update...