Hotel with Jacuzzi, near Cowboy or Nana

Does anyone have a guess on what the chances are to get upgraded at the Sofitel if I am a first time customer booking the lowest class of room that they offer? I'm pretty sure it is zero, but I thought I would ask.

I apologize for straying a bit from the original topic.

I say the chances are 0 but it would not hurt to ask.

Thank you, mrfreeze. I am looking at several hotels at the moment on that side of Sukhumvit. I stayed in the Landmark twice last year and really liked it. I am staying there again this year for the beginning of my trip. I just wanted to be close to Soi Cowboy at the end of the trip for no real reason other than to try out another hotel. I am also looking at the Westin, Four Points, and Grand Swiss. I can upgrade to suite type rooms at those places (maybe not the Westin) for roughly the same price as the Sofitel.

I'm sure all of them are fine. I just want a suite for my last 4 days.

Does anyone have a guess on what the chances are to get upgraded at the Sofitel if I am a first time customer booking the lowest class of room that they offer? I'm pretty sure it is zero, but I thought I would ask.

I apologize for straying a bit from the original topic.

I would say it depends. If you only stay a couple nights and you ask nicely. You check in late in the evening. The hotel is half full or half empty. The person who check you in is a supervisor or have the authority to upgrade you. The hotel could not save the rooms and sell them tomorrow. It will be a waste anyway. He or she may let you to have a nicer room.

Edited by wtko3888

Thank you, mrfreeze. I am looking at several hotels at the moment on that side of Sukhumvit. I stayed in the Landmark twice last year and really liked it. I am staying there again this year for the beginning of my trip. I just wanted to be close to Soi Cowboy at the end of the trip for no real reason other than to try out another hotel. I am also looking at the Westin, Four Points, and Grand Swiss. I can upgrade to suite type rooms at those places (maybe not the Westin) for roughly the same price as the Sofitel.

I'm sure all of them are fine. I just want a suite for my last 4 days.

If looking at one of the SPG properties (Westin, Four Points, Sheraton Grande) then click the hotels website and then check under the offers page where you will usually find better rates than off their main page.

You can pick up a 3 night stay for cheaper than their lowest pre paid rate advertised.

The stay 4 pay 3 is not as good value as the stay 3 pay 2 rate.

I would say it depends. If you only stay a couple nights and you ask nicely. You check in late in the evening. The hotel is half full or half empty. The person who check you in is a supervisor or have the authority to upgrade you. The hotel could not save the rooms and sell them tomorrow. It will be a waste anyway. He or she may let you to have a nicer room.

Good points. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask them when I get there. The worse that they can say is no.

If looking at one of the SPG properties (Westin, Four Points, Sheraton Grande) then click the hotels website and then check under the offers page where you will usually find better rates than off their main page.

You can pick up a 3 night stay for cheaper than their lowest pre paid rate advertised.

The stay 4 pay 3 is not as good value as the stay 3 pay 2 rate.

I am going to look at the different rates now. I have been to each of those websites but never looked for specials or promotions. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently stayed at Four Points Soi 15 in an Executive Suite.

As a SPG Platinum guest I used a Suite Night award on a 1 night stay and the 2 night stay was upgraded (first time upgrade ever at FP) to the Executive Suite from a Deluxe room.

The one night stay I had room 616 and the 2 night stay room 416.

It appeared that 616 had a slightly larger bathroom area around the Jacuzzi.

I did not get to experience the Jacuzzi in 616 due to late arrival and other things happening.

The Jacuzzi in 416 I did experience but must say it was a little confusing as to how to start the damn thing.

On the left of the tub is a chrome button / knob and when pressed the Jacuzzi starts.

And when I did get it started I could not get it to stop it appeared I pressed the button too far and it was stuck on and the fitting was loose too so I was unsure if it was meant to be turned or not.

So I thought run the water out and see what happens......

Well as the water drained and the jets became exposed water went everywhere   :wacko:

In the end it did stop and the button I had pressed to make it start was still fully pressed in.

Now I scared to try one again in case it happens again  :lol: