December 2016 Roll Call

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have loose plans to be in BKK November rather than December though 3-10 Dec is my 3rd option on dates.

Never been to Gullivers.... maybe I should go there one day  :D

I don't want to mess up your plans, but I'm hoping for option 3

Gulliver's is a decent enough bar, I think you'd like it.

menu_022.jpg

Another two members have said they'll come along if they aren't caught up with

something on the day.

With Viandefraiche and Outlandish that will now be 5 of us.

This could end up being a top night in town, anyone else want to come along ?

• 1 month later...

scratch that....just looked at flights.......no chance at those prices  <_>

That bad eh? Funny that as prices from USA atm are dirt cheap. just booked Business class to for the Dec-Jan BKK trip for 2600 USD, extreme bargain. Seeing economy at just over 400 on some airlines. 

That bad eh? Funny that as prices from USA atm are dirt cheap. just booked Business class to for the Dec-Jan BKK trip for 2600 USD, extreme bargain. Seeing economy at just over 400 on some airlines. 

cheapest economy i can get is £1073, compared to the usual £420.  :angry:

If i wait a month it comes down to £700 which seems to be about the cheapest i can get with the £ fall (remember airlines buy fuel in dollars)

cheapest economy i can get is £1073, compared to the usual £420.  :angry:

If i wait a month it comes down to £700 which seems to be about the cheapest i can get with the £ fall (remember airlines buy fuel in dollars)

I thought most airline hedged their fuel costs or whatever they call it.

Do keep a look out at Malaysian Airlines as they have been running specials and had a business class fare for $930 - $1400 AUD return ex Phuket and BKK.

Ex UK and somewhere else was available too I thought, or it might of all be ex Thailand only.

Just need a cheap positioning flight each time.

Last time they had the sale on they had flights over the Christmas period.

You can use Google Flights to check all airlines and flight cost fairly easily and set up fare alerts.

Sounds like I really want you to go.... and write and complete another trip report  :D

Edited by mrfreeze

from where ? What airline , I'm getting ready (or not ) lol to pay 2,900 from Fort Lauderdale premium Economy on Ana air ,, I'll be landing 27 of December have about 6 weeks to kill ,, who's got biz at that price and from where ! Thanks , before I book in next couple of days anybody know best from fll ?

I thought most airline hedged their fuel costs or whatever they call it.

Do keep a look out at Malaysian Airlines as they have been running specials and had a business class fare for $930 - $1400 AUD return ex Phuket and BKK.

Ex UK and somewhere else was available too I thought, or it might of all be ex Thailand only.

Just need a cheap positioning flight each time.

Last time they had the sale on they had flights over the Christmas period.

You can use Google Flights to check all airlines and flight cost fairly easily and set up fare alerts.

Sounds like I really want you to go.... and write and complete another trip report  :D

Thanks for the tip, i'll keep an eye out.

You know you could experience some of that stuff for yourself instead of waiting for my TR.....just sayin  ;)