Best spot for american style breakfast?

On 12/23/2023 at 12:29 AM, bgtp said:

I like Breakfast Story when I’m in the mood for an American breakfast. I’ve only been to the Asok location since it’s right by my hotel. They have three other locations as well.

there's one on Soi 11, down a little side alley on the left side of the street, but given that Chez LN is on Soi 11, i'm unlikely to try it myself.

11 hours ago, little_me said:

Eggs Benedict, I've been told, is pretty horrible if not done very well. 

100 PERCENT TRUE

11 hours ago, little_me said:

(and the fattest girl I remember ever seeing in Thailand, real flabby like twice as big as she should be kinda fat, was the cashier at a krispy kreme in Silom.  Those donuts are WAY too popular, watching people carry around boxes of them at Don Muang couple years ago waiting for a flight to Khon Kaen...)

and every mom and pop coffee shop sells cakes and other calorie grenades. Thais are getting fatter on average.

A discussion of American breakfast should include Buddy's Bar and Grill, four locations, this one at Soi 8.  I live near by, just a stones throw.

IMG_20231227_084506.thumb.jpg.e70fd47609bb1aa2a67551639d82daa8.jpg

They also do a British breakfast (The Full Monty), and a Mexican breakfast, besides French toast and pancakes. (Unfortunately, IHOP didn't survive covid). Here's the Corned Beef Hash and eggs. Canter's Deli it wasn't, but I don't expect to find corned beef like that in Thailand. My biggest complaint was the dry toast, and the bottomless coffee cup isn't available anywhere in the Kingdom. 

IMG_20231227_090258.thumb.jpg.ceb2bb5a4f4bd14d635babf4e569eab7.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Woody Woodpecker said:

A discussion of American breakfast should include Buddy's Bar and Grill, four locations, this one at Soi 8.  I live near by, just a stones throw.

They also do a British breakfast (The Full Monty), and a Mexican breakfast, besides French toast and pancakes. (Unfortunately, IHOP didn't survive covid). Here's the Corned Beef Hash and eggs. Canter's Deli it wasn't, but I don't expect to find corned beef like that in Thailand. My biggest complaint was the dry toast, and the bottomless coffee cup isn't available anywhere in the Kingdom. 

You’re wrong about there not being a bottomless coffee cup. Breakfast Story has it. Funny you mention Buddy’s as the top of the soi I like to stay on has both a Buddy’s and a Breakfast Story, the latter being directly above the former. I’ll give Buddy’s a try for breakfast some morning on my next visit.

7 hours ago, bgtp said:

You’re wrong about there not being a bottomless coffee cup. Breakfast Story has it. Funny you mention Buddy’s as the top of the soi I like to stay on has both a Buddy’s and a Breakfast Story, the latter being directly above the former. I’ll give Buddy’s a try for breakfast some morning on my next visit.

I didn’t realize Breakfast Story offered that option. I would rate their breakfasts better than Buddys.

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2023 at 2:38 AM, little_me said:

Starbucks is more of a milk shake stand than coffee shop anymore... It's pretty rare to see anyone get just a cup of drip coffee, hugely outnumbered by people getting all these other things with no coffee at all in them.

Quite true, but I always do get the drip over the milkshakes since I actually like the bitter taste of coffee. 
On that note, EmSphere has Thailand’s only Starbucks Reserve, where you can choose the bean mix, they’ll grind it fresh and brew it for your drink - all on a per-cup scale. Was very impressed with how it all worked for customized coffees. 

Back to Breakfast: Breakfast Story on 11 was good, but I actually preferred Margarita Storm’s breakfast burrito over many other forms. It’s always available, even into lunch or dinner hours, and it’s also the best late-night, sober-up food in town. 

Edited by Woofiee