Been in Bangkok 1 month,need some exotic beach to go to?

Most beaches in Thailand nowadays are no longer serene, quiet and exotic looking, lots of tourists everywhere!

Depends what kind of beach you are looking for?

Koh Samet in Rayong province is not too far from BKK, and has nice beaches, although I haven't been here since 2001 so not sure how it looks like today!? :rolleyes:

Plahgat

What are you looking for?  A place to chill out and read?  A place to party?  A place for both?

Busy, isolated, P4P scene?

Lots of options.....be a bit more specific and I (and many others) will have plenty of recommendations for you

Mu Koh Angthong Archipelago N.P. outside Koh Samui, has a small limestone Island  Koh Mae Ko, with a closed in lagoon in the middle, it has underwater connection with the outside sea so it's salt water, but never heard of anyone trying to fish in there!?

They have daytours from Koh Samui.

These islands were the original location of the book, "The Beach" , but the moviemakers decided to use Maya Bay in Koh Phi Phi instead as a background to the film with Leonardo DiCaprio in the main role.

Plahgat

http://www.dnp.go.th/parkreserve/asp/style1/default.asp?npid=192&lg=2

Here's a few of my old slides from a visit in 1989:

Mu Koh Angthong 1.jpg

Mu Koh Angthong 2.jpg

Mu Koh Angthong 3.jpg

Mu Koh Angthong 4.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

If you are looking for serene i would suggest Koh Phayam off ranong. But at this time of the year it will be almost shut down with the storms. One of the few islands left that has not be changed by tourism. February is the best during the cashew festival. Surfing, diving whale sharks. No Russian but full of germans. 

• 2 months later...

Being stuck in some place with no tourist infrastructure might prove to be less exciting than they expected for a lot of people. 

There are quieter beach areas in both Ko Samui and nearby islands and Phuket.  You can also get to visit more touristy places with good restaurants, bars and so forth when you need a break from all that serenity.