Grand President versus Royal President

Normally stay at the Royal President (Junior Suite) but now tempted to look at the Grand President (Deluxe Suite which is I believe Tower 2).

Have read about noise and suggestion that best to ask for a higher floor so would be useful for some advice on that. Is there an Avairy that need to try and avoid facing as well or is that a different tower. 

Believe that they are both guest friendly but think the management company has changed since I last stayed at the Royal (Dec-13) so grateful for any updates on that policy.

Tended to find that the pool at the Royal President was on the cold side - is the Grand President any better ?

Liked the space in the Royal President junior suites so really looking for somthing similar and interested to see what it is like staying in Soi 11 as 15 was out of the way.

Any other thoughts on the benefits of one over the other would be useful. Royal President is the easy option but want to see if Grand President is worht changing to for next visit.

The noise isn't as bad in towers 1 and 2 as it is in tower 3.  the convenience of soi 11 is great and the breakfast at GP is better than RP, although at GP they do make you wait for your room upon check in.

I've stayed at the RP many times and the side walk to soi 13 (turn left at the hotel, past the hotel mini mart and left again at the new 7/11) is now upon again which means you can cut through to soi 11 via the side of Ambassador hotel.

GP, RP and President Palace hotels are all still guest friendly.

I was "in the same boat as you".I always stayed at the Royal President(Junior suite).Then I decided to give the Grand President a try and booked a deluxe suite.Apart from one trip (when I stayed at a condo on Soi 13),I've stayed at Grand President since.No noise problems at all.

I would recommend both hotels to anyone,but really enjoy staying on Soi 11.

On another point ,the President Palace has been getting some good reviews lately and might give that a try next

Did some more digging and found the reference below on the internet

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news13/202-KingstonHoldings.shtml

Article said that compass hospitality would continue to manage and last booking in Dec-13 had a reference to compass hospitality on the email.

Looking at the website only seems to refer to Kingston Holdings which I had assumed menat that they had changed management company.

Compass hospitality website doesn't refer to any of the president hotels so not sure if there was a transistion or its just company names being changed.

http://www.compasshospitality.com/properties-bangkok.html

Booking process also feels as it it has changed so I assumed that there had been a change of management company

I used them in 2013 and 2014 so that would be after the rebranding took place.

Article reads as if they rebranded, not changed management.

Like price club becoming Costco. Or Kentucky fried chicken becoming KFC, or royal crown cola becoming RC cola.

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed at Grand President last summer in one of the suites in tower 2 and i didnt notice any changes from earlier visits. They are still Guest friendly so if they changed management the policies are still the same. 

there are a lot of birds at the Ambassador hotel Aviary right next door and that has irritated me on past visits, but last year i noticed that they have sealed the windows so the noise don't penetrate as much anymore.

Only thing that has irritated me on the last visits is that they have had no room available for med when i arrive very early in the morning, but i guess that is my own fault for not booking a room from the previous night.   

• 2 months later...

I stayed at the president place the room was big the shower was good size didn't notice the notice I did notice when I got a cab to the airport the door man ask how much did I pay before I said I didn't remember they said it would  be 900 most  hotels will get a deal  its 600 to the airport all they did was take the tip from the driver I always gave then 1000 baht when I am leaving

I stayed at the president place the room was big the shower was good size didn't notice the notice I did notice when I got a cab to the airport the door man ask how much did I pay before I said I didn't remember they said it would be 900 most hotels will get a deal its 600 to the airport all they did was take the tip from the driver I always gave then 1000 baht when I am leaving

"didn't notice the notice I did notice" hahaha!!!

What are you trying to say? You drink too much man!!!

I stayed at the president place the room was big the shower was good size didn't notice the notice I did notice when I got a cab to the airport the door man ask how much did I pay before I said I didn't remember they said it would be 900 most hotels will get a deal its 600 to the airport all they did was take the tip from the driver I always gave then 1000 baht when I am leaving

Nice tip. Metered taxi cost me 225 baht no tolls and no tip. Usually ends up at 350 with tip and tolls.

Same price from either royal or grand, been to both.

Normally stay at the Royal President (Junior Suite) but now tempted to look at the Grand President (Deluxe Suite which is I believe Tower 2).

Have read about noise and suggestion that best to ask for a higher floor so would be useful for some advice on that. Is there an Avairy that need to try and avoid facing as well or is that a different tower.

Believe that they are both guest friendly but think the management company has changed since I last stayed at the Royal (Dec-13) so grateful for any updates on that policy.

Tended to find that the pool at the royal president was on the cold side - is the grand president any better ?

Liked the space in the Royal president junior suites so really looking for somthing similar and interested to see what it is like staying in Soi 11 as 15 was out of the way.

Any other thoughts on the benefits of one over the other would be useful. Royal President is the easy option but want to see if Grand President is worht changing to for next visit.

The pool at Grand President is much nicer. They have two pools. Both are roof top pools.

Tower 1 is a building away from the Ambassador aviary FYI.