700 baht rooms on Soi 4 Nana

Hi there I'm new here, it may seem a bit of a cheek to be asking for info so soon but I couldnt find n e thing on the forum to answer this question

I notice that there are a few places on Soi 4 down past Nana Plaza offering rooms with aircon for 700 baht. One place is called Swan Inn, another is rite opposite Dawin Hotel.

Has n e 1 ever stayed in any of these rooms along this soi? Are they comfortable? Have wifi? Safety box? etc

N e reccomendations would be appreci8d. I intend to try out soon.

23-27 2013 February. Bangkok

White Orchid Inn 1, Soi 4 Nana, Sukhumvit Rd. 23-24 Feb. Standard room 2nights at 700 baht= 1400 baht

http://www.pbase.com/lovelos/image/151957165

Small room for 700 baht walk in rate.

Situated inside the corridor with no window-view.

Clean room with flat Samsung LCD TV and great free Wi/Fi

Very near to NEP and in a small quiet soi.

Bad thing for me was that the maid sprayed the room with some antiseptic strong smelling stuff that made me feel sick and nauseous!

They do have bigger frontfacing rooms with windows, at about 1000 baht, that might be better.

Plahgat

Hence I wouldn't stay here again!

They have bigger frontfacing rooms with windows that are probably better, but never stayed in one.

Edited by plahgat

This place used to be good a long time ago. Last time I stayed here, I had cockroaches in my bed and crawling around the room all night. When I woke up in the morning, I went to get my toothbrush from my toiletries bag and it was full of little cockroaches. Was completely disguised, and had to throw the whole bag and contents away.

I for one, wont be staying here again, bug go for it  :D

Robx

Its been 4 or 5 years since I stayed at the Swan Inn opp Dawin but it was nice enough back then. Since then I've heard average reports, like the above. 

There are quite a few of these places now there are a few in the alleys opp the Rajah car park too), so if you're not intending to pre book you're probably better of walking in and insisting on checking the rooms first before committing. 

Last nite I met a guy staying in Swan 4, this is the place opposite Dawin Hotel. He said that Swan has 3 hotels, Swan 1 is the place with the cockroaches. I got shown a room in Swan 4 on the top floor, facing away from Soi 4 so very quiet. I was pleasantly surprised how clean it was, hot water and tv and fridge. A bit on the small side but at the price, mustnt grumble.

In a way it seems a bit daft 2 spend 1000 baht on ladies drinx most nites and scimp on accomodation. On the other hand, by scimping on hotel, I got more dosh to waste buying ladies drinx :lol: