Ambassador Hotel

I'll be staying at the Ambassador for my holiday next month, I did some research on this forum and other sites and found that it was guess friendly. When I made my reservation I made it for two max guess per room. I posted on a thread on this forum in regards to Soi 11 mentioning that I will be staying at the Ambassador and one of the BM's told me that Ambassador is charging a joiner fee? Anyone stay at that hotel lately? Thought I would ask you guys here first before I call the actual hotel, thanks for your help. 

Edited by impact325

I think it's best to just send them an email and get the word directly from them.  They can change their policy at anytime.  Therefore, what was once true may not still be true.

Certainly charged joiner fees when a 'friend' worked there a couple of years ago.  Some of the fees go to management on the books, the rest shared off the books between the security staff at the door and night reception staff.

Only in Thailand...!!...Ok whats the cost for an extra person...500bht in most hotels .... Thats ummm $16AUD...  Enjoy the fun and pay the Hotel...If you tip the workers there a few BHT and give a smile you will most likely not cop the extra fee anyway...... :rolleyes: ...

some folks I know stayed there last fall and here's what happened:

Sometimes security asked for joiner fee and sometimes they didn't.

appeared that management does not charge joiner fee, so you could probably challenge this and get it reduced or eliminated, but usually mgt is not around when you're coming back to your room in the wee hours of the morning.

Email them and ask them what you should do if their security demands a joiner fee.  Will they refund your money during the day when management arrives or not?

I stayed at the Ambassador in 2006 or 2009 and they charged joiner fee and wrote it down in a log when you brought someone in along with the price they collected.

I didn't stay there this fall but people I met from there mentioned that when they booked for 2 they weren't charged.  

Edited by bob_ny

Stayed here in 2012 they did not charge joiner fee .,

But it could have changed .

Will not stay in this hotel again because room was dirty and hotel needs to be refurbished and too many loud Arabs .

A lot of good information here, Thanks guys for the help. I sent the hotel an email, just waiting for their reply back.

Stayed here in 2012 they did not charge joiner fee .,

But it could have changed .

Will not stay in this hotel again because room was dirty and hotel needs to be refurbished and too many loud Arabs .

I'm assuming you stayed in the standard main wing? Read a lot of horror stories about that part of the hotel. I'm staying in the new superior tower wing, they say it's a hell of a lot better than the standard main wing and free WI Fi is provided in the superior tower wing. I chose this hotel because of it's location, they have a pretty decent gym and all the night clubs are on Soi 11 (also helps that climax is here as well).

I was impressed with the lobby at the Ambassador and disappointed with the rooms.

I was with a Thai gf at the time ,so I can't comment about it being guest friendly.

I guess you're going in April,so if I were you I'd cancel the Ambassador booking,if you can without any loss of money, and re-book somewhere else on soi 11.There's stacks to choose from and much better quality.Plus less worry knowing you're going into a guest friendly hotel.

Just my 2 satang

p.s.

Whatever happens,please let us know how you got on

Edited by ianjamesmax

• 4 weeks later...

I was impressed with the lobby at the Ambassador and disappointed with the rooms.

I was with a Thai gf at the time ,so I can't comment about it being guest friendly.

I guess you're going in April,so if I were you I'd cancel the Ambassador booking,if you can without any loss of money, and re-book somewhere else on soi 11.There's stacks to choose from and much better quality.Plus less worry knowing you're going into a guest friendly hotel.

Just my 2 satang

p.s.

Whatever happens,please let us know how you got on

To tell you the truth, my stay at the Ambassador was not bad at all. If you stay in the Tower you get free WiFi and the maids do a pretty good job, I think the horror stories are from the people who stayed in the old standard main wing. As for the guest friendly question, from my experience it is a guest friendly hotel, just make sure when you book your room it's for 2 max adults. Also, just an FYI the guard or man that collects ID's/Passports of your guest will ask for a tip. So I told him to never eat yellow snow, jk... I tipped him 100bhat and he was happy with that.

To tell you the truth, my stay at the ambassador was not bad at all. If you stay in the Tower you get free WiFi and the maids do a pretty good job, I think the horror stories are from the people who stayed in the old standard main wing. As for the guest friendly question, from my experience it is a guest friendly hotel, just make sure when you book your room it's for 2 max adults. Also, just an FYI the guard or man that collects ID's/Passports of your guest will ask for a tip. So I told him to never eat yellow snow, jk... I tipped him 100bhat and he was happy with that.

Nice one .Thanks for letting us know how you got on.

Glad it turned out well for you.

Trip report,please!!!!!!