Ambassador Hotel

• 2 weeks later...

stayed at Ambassador once only..its a good hotel..but during my stay, had alot of familes staying as well..it abit of a pain walking through a bunch of them with a thai girl next to you..the looks they gave...

Stayed at the Ambassador in early April for a couple days and I thought it was OK for the cheap price we got through booking.com or a site like that (don't remember which one).

The rooms are not too shabby; not the best around but I thought they were generally clean and service was fine. We stayed in the wing with the elevators right next to the lobby, opposite of the concierge desk. I assume that's the main wing.

The pool is generally fine too, clean and all, but it's on the 3rd floor platform or so and it's basically enclosed by walls and trees from all sides. So there's rarely even the slightest breeze. Far too hot!

I'll probably follow some of the advice in here and book a different hotel the next time. Although I'd like to stay on Soi 11 for sure.

Stayed at the Ambassador in early April for a couple days and I thought it was OK for the cheap price we got through booking.com or a site like that (don't remember which one).

The rooms are not too shabby; not the best around but I thought they were generally clean and service was fine. We stayed in the wing with the elevators right next to the lobby, opposite of the concierge desk. I assume that's the main wing.

The pool is generally fine too, clean and all, but it's on the 3rd floor platform or so and it's basically enclosed by walls and trees from all sides. So there's rarely even the slightest breeze. Far too hot!

I'll probably follow some of the advice in here and book a different hotel the next time. Although I'd like to stay on Soi 11 for sure.

I agree with you, I was probably there the same time you were (April 2nd - 11th) but I stayed in the tower instead of the Main Wing. I don't see myself staying there for my next holiday but like you, I will be staying in a hotel on Soi 11 for sure.