Airport taxi to Sukhumvit

fun4two

• 2 weeks later...

Not so sure you guys know about the new taxi system in Bangkok Airport. Before, you went to the booths and the staffs wrote down the taxi driver's licence number on a form and told the driver where you were going. Now, all of the booths are gone. You line up, press a button to get a number and go the find the taxi. Not so sure how it works. I will go to Bangkok early next month. I will have a look at that new system. By the way, I found out that from the Pattaya forum.

• Upvote 1

Not so sure you guys know about the new taxi system in Bangkok Airport. Before, you went to the booths and the staffs wrote down the taxi driver's licence number on a form and told the driver where you were going. Now, all of the booths are gone. You line up, press a button to get a number and go the find the taxi. Not so sure how it works. I will go to Bangkok early next month. I will have a look at that new system. By the way, I found out that from the Pattaya forum

I am travelling back on Monday so will report back on the new system.

The link to PA thread if any one is interested (few complaints about scams already):

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/253221-new-taxi-system-at-bkk-airport/

Edited by Scuttler
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The asking price for taxis between the airport and Sukhumvit Road is around 500 bht. It would be cheaper if you could get them to use their meter but not much chance of that for a farang.

I always get them to use the meter.

Fare is less than 300 and tolls if they take toll road is 70

Last trip back to airport from soi 11 sukhumvit was less than 300 with tip no tolls.

The asking price for taxis between the airport and Sukhumvit Road is around 500 bht. It would be cheaper if you could get them to use their meter but not much chance of that for a farang.

Huh?

Never once had an issue with using the meter. Most of the time it's not even discussed ... in cab , meter on , provide 75 baht for tolls and then add 50 baht airport fee to the meter tally at my destination. Usually total outlay less than 300 baht.

Beware of taxis with hot meters! i landed in BKK just after new year and the scumbug must have hit some switch near his indicator as i began to notice the meter fare rising rapidly, far too quickly for the distance traveled. I didn't say anything at first as I was still tired from the flight and I wasn't sure if I was imagining things and the last thing I wanted to do was to aggravate the situation as I remember a foreigner was stabbed over $2 by a taxi driver not too long ago. Well, this driver must have noticed me constantly watching the meter because I noticed him flick a switch or press some button and the meter began running properly again. THe total fare from the airport to Pratunum came in over 500 baht including tolls. Yes I know I got screwed but I just wanted to warn others of this dodgy practice!

• Upvote 1