Taxi service for day trips out of BKK

Bawdy

Greetings,

I want to hire a taxi for some day trips out of BKK, anyone recommend a service?

Cheers,

Bawdy.

I am sure more experienced members on the board will have better recommendations but I thought I will share this anyway. I found a list of tour guides in Thailand on Tripadvisor at http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293915-c125475/Thailand:Finding.A.Tour.Guide.html. Some of them in the list only offer a car and driver. Depending on where you want to go, I think it is important to ensure that the taxi driver knows the area you are going to. I have been informed that people tend to say yes to a lot of things as that is the Thai way.

Here are a couple more contacts for taxi services. You may want to ask for quotes. Mr Roong for a quote his e-mail is [email protected] another is Ms Na [email protected].

Source: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k6748362-Taxi_car_for_day_trip_Bangkok_to_Hua_Hin_return-Bangkok.html

A lot of guys I know swear by Mr. Toom's.... don't have a link handy, but you can google it and find plenty of info. As far as day trips go, where are you headed? There's plenty of cheaper options than taxis, and they'll likely get you to your destination just as fast, though you'll sacrifice a little comfort. A few examples:

Ayutthaya -- You can take a van from Victory Monument for about 60 baht, one way.

Trat -- I took a van to get there recently. Leaves from Ekamai bright and early (6 AM), and costs maybe 100 baht.

The croc farm, Ancient Siam -- take the BTS to the end of the line near Bang Na, then take a taxi. Will run you about 150-200 baht.... maybe a bit more, as my memory is a little fuzzy, but I remember it was way cheaper than if I'd taken a taxi from my hotel on Sukhumvit.

Rayong -- only used a van for the return trip (have Thai friends with a car  :P ), but I remember it was fairly reasonable, maybe 300-400 baht per passenger. Expect to get gouged a little here, and probably much worse if you choose a taxi.

Korat -- you will save a couple hours of running time with a taxi, but count on paying AT LEAST 3k baht or so for the honors. For a little adventure, take the govt. train out of Hua Lamphong, at a cost of about 200 baht for an air-conditioned car. 

• 9 months later...

I want to go to the Tiger Temple, the early morning session, been quoted 5000 Bt return plus 4 hr wait.

did you go to the morning session, if so what did you think of it,also how did you get there in the end 5k ouch think you can take a 1st class air conditioned bus for around 200 baht each way

Took a private taxi from my apartment to rayong (pier for koh samed) for 2k baht. Will take it again in the morning. 2.30 hours beats transport to bus terminal and longer, more uncomfortable ride on minibus.

Anyone ever taken a taxi from Bangkok to either Suphanburi or Ang Thong? They are both around 90mins outside Bangkok and have some great temples. I'm thinking it would be easier to maybe just hire a taxi for the day as my driver.