Swimming Pools in Bangkok?

Hi!

I'm spending more and more time in BKK each trip, but I miss one thing... a beach and the sea!

Most of the hotels I stay don't have swimming pools or just tiny ones, so I wonder if you know any public pools in BKK easily accessed by the Skytrain?

Or maybe if you know any hotels in the Sukhumvit Rd area with big swimming pools that you can use for free or for a small fee.

I used to sneak in to the Ambassador Hotel on Soi 11 and use their pool and sundeck years ago, but they have now renovated the hotel, and upon entering yesterday I was stopped by some "guards" that was asking were I was going, so I didn't dare to enter.

Plahgat

Theres one at the bottom left as you walk in at Benjasiri Park same side as the Emporium and there is one in Lumphini Park if you get the MRT to Silom use the underpass to get in the park from the station.If i remember correctly its on the Rama IV side of the park .Heres a pic of the one in Benjasiri Park.

20130530101310greenshot.png

Edited by The Sperminator

Theres one at the bottom left as you walk in at Benjasiri Park same side as the Emporium and there is one in Lumphini Park if you get the MRT to Silom use the underpass to get in the park from the station.If i remember correctly its on the Rama IV side of the park.

Thanks for reply!

I often wander around in Lumpinee Park, but have never seen any swimming pool in there, will give it a second look next time.

Plahgat

Edited by plahgat

The one at Benjasiri is cheap,but you've got to get a medical certificate from the Hospital.Same at Lumphini.

But once you've got it......

Thanks for pics and info!

What certificate?

So I must go through a medical exam before they will let me in at these places?

How about hotels with big rooftop pools in the Sukhumvit area that don't require certificates!

I'm willing to pay an entrance fee.

Plahgat

• Upvote 1

Thanks for pics and info!

What certificate?

So I must go through a medical exam before they will let me in at these places?

How about hotels with big rooftop pools in the Sukhumvit area that don't require certificates!

I'm willing to pay an entrance fee.

Plahgat

Yep,it put me of going.

For the pools at Benjasiri and Lumphini Parks,you have to get a medical certificate.As stated on this web-site

http://www.swimmersguide.com/ViewFacility.aspx?fid=12186

Visitors (adult) Single-swim admission is not available to the traveling general public. line.jpgMembership Info THB 15, with an annual member card. The membership card costs THB 40, and requires two passport photos, a medical certificate, and a passport copy. Annual membership prices here are lower than "drop-in" prices at some of the pricier hotels.

• 5 weeks later...