Snakes in Bangkok

Hello all,

Just watched a documentary about snakes and even varans in Bangkok residential areas !

Looks really scary ! hope incidents seldom happen...

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have the name of this documentary or a link to it online?

Yes it is a documentary on french television. the name of the emission is "7 à 8" will back you up with a link in a matter of minutes

* here you go:

http://videos.tf1.fr/sept-a-huit/serpents-dans-la-ville-7808667.html

alternative: http://www.wat.tv/video/thailande-serpents-dans-ville-3txvt_2flv7_.html

try the tour to the snake farm & show... its outside the city , went there , it was very crowded .. a lot of snakes at display and also there is a show where charmers play with the deadliest snakes.. from cobras to pythons, etc .... very good show and also they let some people from audience touch the sname and stuff like that.... but its a good show to see .. very entertaining and informative as to how they deal with snakes everyday and its their livlihood ...

I have been in bangkok for very long times, and ONLY seen one very small snake on the road a foot long, so no worries LOL

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I saw the largest snake I've EVER seen on Koh Larn island off the coast of Pattaya.  I took a motorbike to the very TOP of the mountain on the island, where there is an abandoned Thai temple.  I walked around the outer perimeter of the temple where the wall was breaking apart.  On the other side of the wall, the largest bright GREEN snake I've ever seen in my life.  I ran away so fast and got the Hell out of there! lol.  Never seen a snake that color or that size.