Daytime itinerary

So I wanted to put together a bucket list of must see things in Bangkok. I've done Grand Palace and floating market before so not really interested in doing them again. Can anyone suggest some others?

Aside from nighttime activities I do actually enjoy seeing the cultural side on offer so any suggestions are most welcome.

Boat ride on Chayo Praya to see Wat Arun

Boxing at Lumpini

Siam Niramit show

Siam Sea world or whatever it's called, the name escapes me

Hell Garden over by Bang Sean

Ancient Siam at Samutprakarn

You have the major items ... Don't forget Wat Pho, Democracy circle, Victory monument, the Skytrain, a SkyBar/Dinner event.

The boats to Wat Arun just cross the river. I'd suggest taking a dinner cruise from the city pier. Make sure you get an inside table in case it's hot outside.

There's also the Hajime robot restaurant where a robot serves you, and you cook your food at the table.

A trip to Ayyuthaya should kill an hour up and back, and a few hours up there looking at crumbling ruins of the old Siam empire.

Mo Chit for the Chatuchak weekend market.

A real, legitimate 2-hour massage and wrap in a mud bath.

The Siam Ocean World aquarium is in the bottom floor of Siam Paragon.

National Monument, Golden Mount, Royal Barge, Wat Suthat and the giant swing, Jim Thompson house, Bangkok art center, MBK, Gun ranges ???

Here's a list of over 250 things to do ...

Thanks for the suggestions and the tip for getting on the river. I guess i can take that route to see Wat Arun?

I might check out MT but we have one of those over here too and it's probably the same people.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ayutthaya....

Take BTS to Victory Monument station and catch a mini van to Ayyuthaya. There are quite a few mini van operators out of the Victory Monument area. There are 2 that I have used, but the one I use most often is on the side street close to the roundabout. Get off the train flow the elevated walkway past the exits. Take the first stairs down on the right hand side. The mini vans will be over close to the McDonalds. Find one with AC if you can. Cost is around 50-60 baht.

You can join up with others when you get there and the Tuk Tuk will hold about 6 people. Going rate is around 200 baht an hour to drive around the areas. The driver will wait while you take pictures and take you back to mini van locations.

• 2 months later...

There is a good day trip to Ayutthaya which includes the Summer Palace.  It costs a bit more but you get to travel on a full sized coach rather than a wretched mini van.  The buffet lunch on the boat returning to Bangkok is quite good. 

• 3 months later...