Hotel Near Nana/Cowoby, Sukhhumvit

Hi all,

I have a trip coming up and I've booked "Night Hotel Bangkok - Sukhumvit 15" because it looked like a nice room and appears to be a good location.

Has anyone had any experiences there? Guest friendly? 

It looks like a decent location but I'm open to other suggestions.

I'm not super price-sensitive but I do like a good value so long as it is clean, comfy bed, guest friendly, and has a pool. 

Well, I was curious about what kinda place would call itself "night hotel"... So, looks like it used to be Dream Hotel, quick peak on google's street view....

And if you've never been to Bangkok, or similar Asian city, make sure YOU KNOW HOW TO FIND IT, the taxi won't (the will know Sukhumvit Soi 15, but nothing more specific), and it looks like that name might not be on the outside of the building.... (street view images can be dated...)  Be prepared for some minor confusion...

It's near Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy, more or less, again, google is your friend, and I'd suggest checking WALKING directions and make sure you're comfortable with the distances.  You might find taxis from there might be a bit of a challenge and want to either screw you or not bother such a short trip, especially in traffic. With the odd combinations of one way streets and lack of places to pull a Uturn on Sukhumvit, I would really not be surprised if it legit took a taxi 5 miles in gridlock to make a 1/2 mile walk in that area (2 hour lesson I learned the hard way).

Motorcycle taxis would be an option if your brave enough.

That area has a bunch of smaller less well known (but still can be very nice) messages shops sprinkled around really close, similar to https://asok-massage.com/, but most won't have websites. I've heard Soi 13 is full of much smaller places but I've never bothered visiting.

And it looks like Thermae is right down the street also...

Edited by little_me
  • Upvote 3

My new go to place is AIRA hotel btw, can't beat the location being right in the middle of Soi 11. 

As someone who likes clubbing, it's perfect for my needs. Beautiful rooms (punching above its price tbh) and one of the best rooftop restaurant/bar/club in Pastel.

Can't recommend it enough.

• Upvote 2

Thanks all for your tips. It looks like I'm too late to cancel my booking and try out ARIA but I will keep your suggestions in mind and be prepared to find the location. I'm comfortable with those distances but I'm sure some of the ladies in heels will not be. Much appreciated @Rainville and  @OKAY

You’ll be up the block from Hooters which is effectively in the Four Points Sheraton and have Thermae right there around the corner on Sukhumvit.  Location fine but can’t speak to the hotel itself but locationwise you’re good.  can also take sneaky route to Cowboy.

• Upvote 1

Actually I also booked the Night Hotel for my next stay. Never stayed there; location is pretty nice, and from what I could find during my research, the basic rooms can be tight and stuffy, but the bigger ones are alright. Pool is in 2nd building, its ok, but no view.

On 2/6/2024 at 4:38 PM, JVHyatt said:

can also take sneaky route to Cowboy.

The leading cause of death in Thailand is traffic accidents.  Google's shortest route could direct you to cross a somewhat major thoroughfare that's always busy with traffic in an uncontrolled spot. 

And if you do decide to risk it, remember they are coming from the wrong way (i.e. driving on the left side of the road).

This might all seem silly to point out to grown men, but a few couple of drinks and in a hurry to get busy with your newest love of your night and stop paying attention to such basic issues, all the habbits from the rest of your life are backwards.