upcoming trip march 8 what to expect?

Hi all. Long awaited trip coming soon!

Gonna be arriving in march 8 around noonish and staying close by nana plaza area.

What to expect or recommendations?

Not doing the tourist stuff as i only got a week.

Soi Cowboy and khaosan road is on the list to visit.

Feel free to add.

If this is your first trip and want to do some touristy stuff...try the floating market.  Pretty cool way to spend the mid-morning/afternoon.  Only thing that sucks is the traffic to and from.  Plus March will be rather warm.

Like Herbby said, avoid Khaosan and focus your energies/time/baht on NEP and Soi Cowboy.

If 30 or under, Khaosan may be ok but frankly soi 11 is better (better bars, better clubs).  so would avoid khaosan imho unless you wanna pickup fat badly tatted sunburnt aussie bitches.  

add Soi 24, 24/1, 33/1, Soi 11, Thermae & Ratchada to the list and also roam the malls, Central World, T 21, EmQuartier, Siam Paragon in the daytime, for food et al.

also get your rabbit card first thing.  you’ll need your passport, which is another reason why I always suggest taking the Airport Rail Link downtown.  So easy, and super cheap, bottom floor from sweatyboom.  they even have an atm and money exchange right at the entrance.  take to phaya thai go down a flight (can get rabbit card at booth) and then switch to the sukhumvit line to Nana.  

15 hours ago, JVHyatt said:

If 30 or under, Khaosan may be ok but frankly soi 11 is better (better bars, better clubs).  so would avoid khaosan imho unless you wanna pickup fat badly tatted sunburnt aussie bitches.  

add Soi 24, 24/1, 33/1, Soi 11, Thermae & Ratchada to the list and also roam the malls, Central World, T 21, EmQuartier, Siam Paragon in the daytime, for food et al.

also get your rabbit card first thing.  you’ll need your passport, which is another reason why I always suggest taking the Airport Rail Link downtown.  So easy, and super cheap, bottom floor from sweatyboom.  they even have an atm and money exchange right at the entrance.  take to phaya thai go down a flight (can get rabbit card at booth) and then switch to the sukhumvit line to Nana.  

Great advice, not first trip to Thailand but first for bangkok. Will monger around p4p areas. Im staying close by terminal 21 mall.

Enjoy the trip! With just a week to play with, and as a first timer to bkk, imo i'd try and plan a rough schedule in advance. 

Think what you want from this trip, what you like, and jot down some ideas in advance so you can make the most of the time here. 

Otherwise it's common for ppl to fall for the first girl they see, and the first bar they're in, and end up wasting time and opportunity.

By the end of your trip, you should be exhausted and ready to go home.

E.g Rather than just "Soi Cowboy on Thursday".

Your Thursday:

10am Breakfast. 11am Foot massage near the hotel. Pool and shower. BTS to shopping at EmSphere. Grab lunch there then head back to the hotel around 3pm. Relax and get ready for the night.

Soapy at La Belle at 5pm. Motorbike to Soi Cowboy. 6.30pm, play pool at Country Road, at 7pm grab dinner at Nana Seafood, at 8pm have a beer outside Cowboy 2 and watch the crowd. When bars open, circle Baccarra, Dollhouse and Crazy House - pick the best girl for ST at your hotel. Taxi to save time.

Kick her out asap. Then straight to Nana. Red Dragon at 10:30pm. Upstairs to Geisha or Billboard. Barfine a girl by midnight and eat together close by before heading back to the hotel. 

---------------

So I guess my advice is to use your time wisely. Time is opportunity in Bangkok. e.g If I order a drink and dont see anyone I like, I bail before finishing. It's a waste of time to sit there drinking aimlessly.

At each bar I note down the numbers of the girls I like, and pencil them in for a visit/barfine the following days. With the girls I barfine and want to see again, I ask them to come to my hotel before work starts or to join me by the pool and an afternoon session. This keeps the evening free whilst also building connections with my favourites.

Edited by Dubbers
  • Like 2

A group chat with line is sure a thing now.

Before i was in Pattaya, it was mostly recommendations and meeting people there.

I mostly got the schedule down, with food and stuff i wanna do.

Just certain places, not sure what the scene is like. Agogos and bar hopping. I want to visit the upbeat and lively ones.

I'm there to be entertained. No more chasing tails and hard to get.

They dont like what i offer time to move on. Plus i wanna see the older scenes preferably someone lactating 555.