Opinion on Chiang Mai?

mrwhite

Chiang Mai is worth visiting for their excellent zoo and other attractions.  Mongering is available but nowhere near the levels of Bangkok and Pattaya.  They have a few soapys, a few gogo bars, and a bar scene on Loi Kroh road.

I recommend the Raming Lodge for accommodations, good location and has a nice mongering ring to it.

If you like music check out the North Gate Jazz Coop. 
https://web.facebook.com/northgate.jazzcoop

Edited by Woody Woodpecker

The bar scene isn't great if that's your thing, but it has a fairly good local massage scene with some excellent options. I've spent a lot of the past 18 months up there for work and when you get away from the tourist areas there's some fun to be had.

Take a look at CNXseed website for the local scene and also Chiang Mai Locator for the more expat scene.

I've written considerably about Chiang Mai on here, but I think most might be in the advance section. If you have access, take a look, I posted an update about a week ago.

https://bangkok-addicts.com/topic/10676-chiang-mai/

Edited by stoneloz

1 hour ago, stoneloz said:

The bar scene isn't great if that's your thing, but it has a fairly good local massage scene with some excellent options. I've spent a lot of the past 18 months up there for work and when you get away from the tourist areas there's some fun to be had.

Take a look at CNXseed website for the local scene and also Chiang Mai Locator for the more expat scene.

I've written considerably about Chiang Mai on here, but I think most might be in the advance section. If you have access, take a look, I posted an update about a week ago.

https://bangkok-addicts.com/topic/10676-chiang-mai/

What about Sayuri soapy massage across the river?  Is this place still around?

DSC_6474.thumb.jpg.043ec7e8827da1b85a226c05868f300b.jpg

1 hour ago, Woody Woodpecker said:

What about Sayuri soapy massage across the river?  Is this place still around?

DSC_6474.thumb.jpg.043ec7e8827da1b85a226c05868f300b.jpg

I don't think so, or at least no one talks about it anymore. I went once about 15 years ago and had a below average experience (like most Soapies) and never went back.

I feel most Soapies have had their day now, Bangkok included. The scene moved on and there's been better options for many years, both for punters and the girls. 

Sure there's a few in Bangkok still going, but very few compared to a decade or two ago in Chewit's heyday. With the exception of one or two very high end (and very high priced) places, there's cuter girls available elsewhere for a fraction of the price.

Chiang Mai (and Bangkok) have the best girls in the highend Kapoo style places and freelance online through agents. When Thai mongers moved online, the Soapies started dying out.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been to any massage places in Chiang Mai but nakhon is right about there being no gogo bars in Chiang Mai anymore, from speaking to the locals any that were left closed due to COVID.

The beer bars over in Chiang Mai were quiet when I was over there in Nov 23 but I honestly really enjoyed them, felt more relaxed, there's definitely still some good looking girls working in Chiang Mai but obviously nothing compared to somewhere like Bangkok (haven't been to Pattaya yet).

I was with 3 girls in Chiang Mai and honestly had a great time, Chiang Mai as a place is also really nice and green, weather was super nice in November. Even if you're going to a place solely for the red light, I feel like it doesn't hurt to have a nice setting.

• 4 weeks later...

Chiang Mai is a place to get a "tantric massage". It is less direct sex, and more acts that carefully stimulate the penis, testicles, and often the prostate.

The aim is to improve stamina, lessen pre-mature ejaculation or delayed ejaculation, and treat erectile dysfunction.