Westin Grande Sukhumvit

This is a slightly more detailed review of the Westin Grande Sukhumvit from my September 2018 trip report here: http://www.bangkok-addicts.com/forum/topic/8882-september-2018-trip-report-just-agencies-and-freelancers-this-trip/

Hotel overall:

- Definitely would stay again.

- Girl friendly without issue.

- Room photos on Trip Advisor, Agoda and Booking are all accurate.

- A mid range hotel though you could find other mid range hotels with lower rates if you don't need the larger room and hotel amenities.

- Really convenient. Less than a 5 minute walk door to door to Asok BTS and Sukhumvit MRT.

- Next door to the Terminal 21 shopping mall. Sometimes I'd get takeout and brought it back to my room.

- At street level is a Tops Supermarket and small food court, McDonald's, Robinsons and a tourist favourite massage place which tends to have an hour wait.

- 10-15 minute walk to Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza, Sukhumvit soi 7, the clubs on Sukhumvit soi 11 and Sukhumvit soi 22

- Downside is that trying to find breakfast that wasn't McDonald's was a good 10-15 minute walk away.

Room:

- Standard international hotel chain western style room.

- Large, spacious and bright.

- Shower is only large enough for one person to fit.

- There's a separate bathtub as well.

- Rooms face either east or west. My room faced east towards the Terminal 21 complex and the hotel and apartment there. Not great if you like having the blinds open.

Service:

- Guest services called my room when girls arrived to confirm if I was expecting a guest, and called my room again after the girl left to see if I was okay. At first I didn't like how I lost my anonymity, but later thought my safety was worth it.

- The lobby is on the 7th (or 8th?) floor by elevator, so from street level you're greeted by staff as well.

Amenities:

- Good variety of equipment, but only 1-2 of each.

- The gym is well equiped but feels crowded if there are 12 or more people. The gym gets a lot of guests in the morning.

- Salt water pool which seemed unheated. Large enough for both laps and casual playing.

- Not enough chairs on the pool deck. I think only 10-12. None of the chairs offered any shade.

Restaurants:

- I saw the breakfast and lunch buffets but didn't try them. When in Thailand I try to have as much fresh seafood as I can. The Westin lunch buffet didn't have much seafood so I passed. Huge dessert selection though.

- The lobby level cafe/bar has an outdoor bar-style seating area which gives you a nice view of Asok BTS. The barstools aren't all that comfortable but it's an enjoyable view of people coming and going from the BTS.

Thanks for the hotel review, i am considering this and the Center Point 21.  Did you have to check in the girls ID when entering and if so was it a 21+ age check? 

I have stayed here previously and never had to have a girl leave ID at reception, the reception area could be classed as a bit out of the way as you exit the lift onto level 7 and then head to the lifts that take you to your room.