Hotel Comparisons

Hi,

Been reading this forum for a few days and I've learned a lot and even adjusted some of my original plans and thinking about Bangkok. Wanted to ask my first of many questions from now to my trip and probably even during it. I'm planning first ever week long trip to Bangkok for later this year and need help with hotel selection.

The 3 I've narrowed down to are Four Points Sheraton, Park Plaza Sukhumvit, and Adelphi Suites at a distance third. A criteria is of course being girl friendly and in my research, that is the case for all 3 of those hotels, correct me if I'm wrong. Price isn't a huge consideration though there is nothing wrong with saving money. My number one criteria is location and convenience. Four Points and Adelphi are pretty much the same, pretty much halfway between Nana and Cowboy. All three are within 10 minute walk to T21 where I plan to spend good amount of my time in and eat most of my meals at. Sidenote, I actually thought about staying at GCP T21 which is in my price range but didn't think value for money was there. Anyways, back to the hotels I'm looking at; Park Plaza is a bit closer to the massage parlors (Mango, Cherry, Addict) but Four Points is right around from Thermae which sounds exactly the kind of place for me and it is also closer to the FL Clubs (Insanity).

As for the rooms themselves, I prefer a bathtub. Stable and fast WiFi is a must as I plan to stay in my room a lot surfing the web and YouTube'ing. Mirrors near the bed would be nice for the voyeur in me, maybe a love seat but these are just minor wants. Strangely I like to be very close to a 7-11 when I'm traveling in Asia.

If anyone has stayed in all 3 or 2 of these hotels and want to compare them, I will greatly appreciated it. Hell even if you have just stayed in one please do tell me what you liked or disliked about it. Please let me know if there is any information would need from me to make a more informed decisions. I'm very through, I also know the unexpected is part of the adventure but still want to be as prepared as possible. Thank you in advance.

I now always stay at Four Points, so much that the staff and security recognize me and say hello as I walk up to check in.

Rooms are nice, large comfortable king size work bench and deep bath and depending on room large shower.

The corner rooms have Japanese style toilet and the shower is large enough to have a few people in it, where some of the more basic rooms the shower is small and only room to shower alone.

No mirror near the bed in the rooms I have stayed in though.

Last couple of trips the WiFi has been a bit hit and miss with it dropping out, but that might be due to the location of their WAP's and the corner or near corner rooms I have been in.

Location is good, slightly closer to Asok BTS than Nana BTS and closest 7-11 is near Thermae.

You can walk into the hotel from Soi 15 or Soi 17 near Tops Supermarket, which depending on what you want to buy is closer than the 7-11.

You can easily walk up Soi 15 and cut across to Soi 11 and you will be right near Insanity.

Edited by mrfreeze

Not sure if this helps you:

Haven't been in any of the mentioned hotels, but when I travel I pick and select my hotel based on:

Location, how far or how near is the hotel from my POI's

Price (comparison)

Reviews/ratings on Tripadvisor and other bookingsites

Pictures of the room(s)

Oyster is a good website with pros, cons and lot's of pictures.

Breakfast included

Located near a shoppingmall

Hope you make the right choice ;)

I have only stayed in Four Points.and will be staying there again for 7 nights in December.

They leave you alone when coming in with a lady (or 2). I assume they would take her ID if asked but I never bothered. Not saying you shouldn't bother, I just chose not to.

You are correct about the location. Almost in the middle of Nana and Cowboy and a few steps away from Thermae. I choose it over Adelphi because I like the side of Sukhumvit that Four Points is on more than the side that Adelphi is on. Seems like there is more action on that side and Sukhumvit can be a bitch to cross if you get lazy like I do sometimes.

Four Points is also close to T21 like you mentioned and I visit there quite a bit to eat and what not.

I haven't tried to stay outside of that area yet as I like being in the middle so I wouldn't consider staying at the other hotel that you mention. I have not heard any negatives about the Adelphi but it's just on the wrong side of Sukhumvit for me. I also emailed them a couple of years ago and they replied that there was a fee for taking more than one lady back at the see time. That helped me make my choice on my first trip. I have read reports that say they do allow more than one at no charge but I didn't want to take the chance.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

First off, sorry looks like I posted in the wrong forum, I did not see this hotels forum at first.

Secondly thank you for your responses, I appreciate them. I was reading reviews of Four Points and Park Plaza on TA and was leaning more towards Four Points and looks like you guys are saying the same, now just to find a good deal. Though the spotty WiFi does make me hesitate a bit. Hopefully get a room with good WiFi or maybe ask to change to a good one. Also sucks about no mirrors but can't have it all.

Smithzac91... so looks like bringing 2 girls back to Four Points is no problem, that was actually going to be my very next question as highly interested in having a threesome. I would actually prefer them to take my ID so that is good to know, does the people at the desk or security stop you or do you just walk up to them?

I was watching videos of Sukhumvit and I can definitely see what you mean by difficult to cross. I don't play well with heat or humidity so I want to be as close to things to do as possible without having to travel too far.

I have walked in to FP a few times with 2 girls and never stopped to have them show or leave ID.

I guess if you wanted them to leave it then just go to the desk and do it.

One tip on the threesome, don't get so drunk before hand that you can not perform :lol: .... yeah I did that once :(

The old SPG website use to have good deals available but now they have combined it all with Marriott I have not seen the same deals available.

^^^What he said.

If you come in from the Soi 17 side you do not pass the desk so it's easy to skip. They have never asked me either when coming in on the Soi 15 side but I'm sure they would take the ID's if you walked up to the counter and requested it.

I have walked in to FP a few times with 2 girls and never stopped to have them show or leave ID.

I guess if you wanted them to leave it then just go to the desk and do it.

One tip on the threesome, don't get so drunk before hand that you can not perform :lol: .... yeah I did that once :(

The old SPG website use to have good deals available but now they have combined it all with Marriott I have not seen the same deals available.

thanx mrfreeze... not worry about being drunk as i'm not a heavy drink but def want to have it near the beginning of the trip rather than the tail end. last time i had a 3some i was so juiced out couldnt even really keep it up which i still regret till this day

you're right about deals, i would think bookig direct would be better but pretty much the same as third party websites... still have a few months to go so we shall see

^^^What he said.

If you come in from the Soi 17 side you do not pass the desk so it's easy to skip. They have never asked me either when coming in on the Soi 15 side but I'm sure they would take the ID's if you walked up to the counter and requested it.

thanx smithzac91... noted about the entrance... guess it will depend on where i'm coming from but i'll just feel more secure if they took the id and also call when girl leaves but i plan on walking the girls down each time

thanx mrfreeze... not worry about being drunk as i'm not a heavy drink but def want to have it near the beginning of the trip rather than the tail end. last time i had a 3some i was so juiced out couldnt even really keep it up which i still regret till this day

you're right about deals, i would think bookig direct would be better but pretty much the same as third party websites... still have a few months to go so we shall see

Sign up to Marriott Rewards and booking direct you get free WiFi and best rate guarantee.