Seeking hotel recommendation

A good location for what? The Landmark is good for both Nana and Cowboy, but if you already have a companion maybe that's not what you want. Several other 5 star hotels in that area too.

A good location for sightseeing and relaxing, close to restaurants etc.

Does not need to be near any P4P as this will already be covered.

Junior

• 2 months later...

This is a Agoda 'hotel review' of the Manhattan Hotel from January 2011:-

"The hotel was quiet and secure but even though I had paid for a double room I was charged 500 baht for taking guests to my room. This information should be on their website as it caused a couple of tense moments.When I tried to discuss this issue with hotel staff I was abruptly told "talk to Agoda". Because of this I won't be going back there.This hotel is more suited for guests who don't want to sample the nightlife of Bangkok. Cons - I was charged 500 baht every time I took a guest to my room .

Nightlife Tip : If you want to party a bit and get involved in the Bangkok nightlife I would suggest staying at another hotel - not one where the staff have their heads buried in the sand."

Maybe ask the question if you intend staying there and having a visitor.

Lately while on business have been staying at Emporium Suites. Hotel is really nice, but not as expensive as some of the other high end hotels, is situated alongside Emporium shopping mall (high end mall), located right next to Phrom Phong BTS, which allows u to go anyway in the bkk cbd with ease and has some nice restaurants in the area. It has a really good breakfast and if you go delux or higher, then the breakfast is in a different part of the hotel and is fantastic.

It is supposed to be bg friendly although I havent tested this out as loved up at the momement.

Jrdk: Need more info dude. Must be 100s of 4 & 5 stars in Bangkok. How much are you willing to pay ? You're bring your own, so are you going to do temple tours and the National Palace ? Do you want to go shopping ? Do you want to hit the Hi-So clubs and restaurants ? Do you want to visit the Go-Gos ? Do you need a great pool and gym ? Do you want to be near BTS or MRT ? Why don't you read Lonely Planet or something and figure out what you want to do and what neighborhood might be good for that. Then we can help you out. We all usually stay near the pussy in the Sukhumvit area. If I was bringing my own I'd probably stay down by the River or Lumpini Park. wj

Hi,

Usually a Pattaya Addict but a visit to Bangkok is on the horizon.

Can anyone please recommend a nice high end hotel with a good location in Bangkok.

I am bringing my own TG from Pattaya who will check in with me, so it need not be guest friendly - though on principal I loathe non-guest friendly hotels.

Thanks.

Junior

Hey Addicts...........First time on this board (though I've been watching it). What about the Grand Millennium on Suk........I realize it's pretty high end, but what about guest friendly ?? Seems to me if one is willing to pay those prices, they could bring anyone they wanted as a guest. Anyone know anything about this one ?

Thanks,

L J

Can try JW Marriot, Intercontinental Bangkok, Grand Hyatt Erawan or Pathumwan princess. All near Sky train and major shopping malls.

Easy accessible to sukhumvit road, night life and many roadside shopping

• 1 month later...

When on Sukhumvit, I usually stay at Sacha's Hotel Uno, a small boutique place that is really nice. I like it there alot, but I think I might try somewhere new next trip cause I think there are alot of other good options in that area also.

• 4 weeks later...

Attractive topic.My opinion to this topic.The Hotel Hana Maui is the only hotel there that I know of. It is very very nice, but very very expensive. I believe they have a 3-night minimum.and you can also find many of hotel from searching to the Internet and also in the tripadvisor website.