Why don't people use airbnb more?

I'm paying about $30 per night for an apartment with a washing machine, couch, tv, king size bed, balcony, bathroom, and pool. Before hitting this spot, I was paying $46 per night at a hotel that was smaller and had less amenities, and the location wasn't even as great.

I think it's by law now that you should have a minimum stay of 30 days for air bnb.

Less than 30 days is illegal.

I booked my apartment for about 10 days no problem.

Edited by luvpoon

I'm paying about $30 per night for an apartment with a washing machine, couch, tv, king size bed, balcony, bathroom, and pool. Before hitting this spot, I was paying $46 per night at a hotel that was smaller and had less amenities, and the location wasn't even as great.

For me it is the lack of / effort of arranging housekeeping that is the main reason for not using Airbnb. I also don't like the feeling of 'someones home'. I would prob get used to it, but it is a mental barrier for me.

• Upvote 1

Because why stay in an apartment where you have to clean the place up by yourself, sheets and towels are not changed, room service is not available, breakfast must be handled by yourself and you never know if the place is actually good (compared to hotels where you have TripAdvisor, etc)

Also outlandish is right, minimum is 30 days for rental of apartments. If the jurisdict of the condo finds out, they may contact the owner, and you might have to find a new place to stay.

I live in Bangkok, so for me it’s cheaper and makes more sense to have my own place and thus I rent a condo, but if and when I travel to Bangkok on holiday, it’s only hotels for me. Although have booked a service apartment before though that’s also practically a hotel.

• Upvote 1

It rarely is somebodies home. Mostly the apartments are owned by somebody who own many of them for the sole purpose of renting them out via AirBNB, hotels provide Thai people with a (low paying) job and thirdy I hate the whole concept where the profits end up in the hands of American shareholders in Silicon Valley.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...